Stephan Lichtsteiner (15 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I had wanted this mofo for some years. Finally a RB we can be proud of :touched:

A bit offtopic question: Did Conte ever explain why Zeigler wasn't part of his plans?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's a shame about his crosses because he'd be a great fullback.

Even so, I feel alot more comfortable having his as RB this year.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008

most of the top fullbacks in the world now looks like lacking something.. i can't see that perfect fullback who can do every thing that good.. but at least he should be used for what he is capable of.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
His crossing is also shit, though.

I agree with both of you here, there is without a doubt that Lichstiener is a great fullback and right now ranked the best one in Serie A so far from the begining of the season and last year being in the top 3. Here works hard, and never gets tired of running. He's pretty much a step up to Marco Motta(Sadly as he did have lots of potential, some calling him the next Zambrotta back in his U21 days) and Molinaro who surprinsingly was one of the best fullbacks in the Bundesliga two years ago. The main issue with Lichstiener though are two factors, the price we paid for him and he lacks having an end product when pushing forward. It's like Pepe version 2, yes on his debut he did score a goal, but all credit goes for Pirlo's vision. A fullback is required to defend, but also support the wingers on the flank meaning have the ability to cross the ball, Lichstiener is just horrible at it sadly... Which some what ticks me off for the price that we got him for... We were linked with him and Cassani... Lichstiener was signed by Marotta for 12m... While Cassani was on sale for only 6m. Fiorentina got him on loan and have a buy out clause for only 4.5m, which is a great price. It's tobad as we could of saved some money, but at the end... Lichstiener is solid player and hopefully he keeps growing at he is still 27 years old.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
We got him for 10 million dude :D

Also welcome aboard :)
Yes, thank you for correcting me, I forgot that he paid two million out of his own pocket to join us, as he had a release clause of 12m with Lazio and Juventus were only willing to give 10m. If not mistaken it was Conte who wanted and convinced Lichstiener to come, so I'll give much more respect for Lichstiener who did pay out of his own pocket to join us. However, my view still remains the same with his price, as I personally believe he was not worth that much and that value for him is some what not it. Personally I would of gone for Cassani who is also a great fullback and was valued way less than what Lichstiener was, though that was because of the release clause. Luckly for Fiorentina, they got themselves a great deal there.

And Thank you, I feel welcomed already :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think that not a single danger came from the side that he defends and it's 5 matches already. He defends brilliantly, runs like mad and his 1-2 passes are excellent. Too bad his crossing is as it always was, shitty. But in our formation, with wingers and all, crossing shouldn't even be his job and it's not a priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)