Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Very solid performance from him. Just needs to work on his delivery and we'll finally have a worthwhile fullback.
That's gonna be tough at this point of his career. Watching him over the years with Lazio, I can tell you that occasionally he'll deliver an excellent cross, just as many times, maybe even more, he'll deliver a Molinarish bird killing cross, while the big majority of his crosses will be average ones, like the ones you saw yesterday. Marco Motta is a better crosser than Licht (Actually, Motta is a pretty good crosser).
The difference though is that Licht is like a million times better defender than Motta and Licht's stamina is amazing. That allows him to find himself in attack all the time and we'll actually have a player to help Krasic. That same stamina allows Licht to find himself in crossing position a lot and deliver a huge amount of crosses, some of which will be destined to create a danger. In any case, his bare presence in attack and defense will be a big plus compared to what we had. It will seem like we have a player more in the team compared to the times when we had Grygera not passing the midfield line or Motta helping noone else but the opposition.
P.S: Also, Licht is pretty good at playing the ball on the ground, so passing will improve, both in defense and in his combinations with Krasic and Pirlo. But as far as crossing goes, do not expect too much.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I agree with Alan. Licht's crosses are more or less useless. However measuring this skill with Motta and calling him superior is of course true. But it itches me wildly all over to mention Motta and superior in the same sentence. Motta's crosses are better yet more or less useless as well, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)