Stephan Lichtsteiner (100 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Conte's involvement in some of these transfers suggests that he isn't a yes man that some thought he would be when he was announced as coach. I really hope he knows what he is doing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Conte's involvement in some of these transfers suggests that he isn't a yes man that some thought he would be when he was announced as coach. I really hope he knows what he is doing.
But Cronios is never wrong which makes your statement wrong.

And for those who interpret things as they wish, that was by no means defending Conte, I stand by my initial position against assigning him.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Tuesday 28 June, 2011
Lichtsteiner reveals Conte call

Stephan Lichtsteiner says he was determined to join Juventus from Lazio after speaking with Coach Antonio Conte.

The Swiss international is virtually a Juve player after he underwent his medical in Turin on Monday.

“Conte convinced me,” stated the right-back. “I wanted Juventus, but the telephone call from the Coach was important.

“Conte and I see football in the same way.”

The defender’s move hasn’t been made official yet, but it is understood that the 27-year-old has signed a deal until June 2015.

Lichtsteiner had a €12m release fee inserted into his Lazio contract, but it is understood that they agreed to sell for around €10m.

The World Cup player joined Lazio in 2008 after three years in France with Lille.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
We should try this winger, the one showing his name to us.
barnetta is a solid player, but he was expected to become a much better performer than what he is now. not too flashy, but still solid technique, high work rate, a nice shot. but not what we want as our starting left midfielder/winger.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
It seems Conte has a big say in this season transfer. Hopefully better judgement of players quality and involvement to the system will be made compared to previous season.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
just imagine what would happen if alex called giovinco for the first time ... gio would surely come back ;)

phone calls are so important nowadays

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We should expect Cronios to say good things about this transfer, as he mentioned weeks ago how he wants this transfer to happen.
He will say some good things but he will end it up with something along the lines of Bonucci costing 22 M€.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)