Stephan Lichtsteiner (558 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I heard Real, Chelsea and PSG want him. I think it was on calciomercato a couple of days ago.

Despite of him being great with us, signing Isla was/is strange. I'd love to keep him, but I don't think it will come out as a shock if we do sell him.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Id sell for 15-20 mil, Pepe is not banned, we have Isla and Caceres for the right and we could use the funds for a striker.
With exception of Lahm (who Bayern wont sell) there is no better RB than Lichtsteiner.

good fullbacks are hard to come by.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Selling Lichtsteiner talk lol.
It's not strange, Marotta sells for the right amount like he did with Diego. We have Caceres and Isla. If selling Lichtsteiner means he will increase the bid on other players then be it but if he keeps his offers that get rejected then no.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Diego was of no use to us, Lichtsteiner is. In a back four Lichtsteiner is the best right back we have. He has been here for one season and was excellent in it.

If you could tell me we are not going to use the back four at all next season I'd agree, but I doubt that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I doubt we will use the 4-4-2 in more than 20% of the games and it will probably be against easier opponents where we would do ok with what have.

Lichtsteiner have no place in the 3-5-2

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Whatever, a four man defence. Juvejay got my point.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 12:43 ----------

We'll see. I'm not a fan of throwing away players after one strong season. It sends out the wrong message to players.
Neither am I but if Licht brings us 20 M€ and Marotta is ready to use that for Cavani, would you accept it?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If the theory was that easy I'd probably accept it. In reality we'd sell a player for '€20m' and our position on the market wouldn't change. It's not whether we have the extra money, it's how much we would put on one player.

I think Lichtsteiner is a winner and versatile enough to be of use to us next season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If the theory was that easy I'd probably accept it. In reality we'd sell a player for '€20m' and our position on the market wouldn't change. It's not whether we have the extra money, it's how much we would put on one player.

I think Lichtsteiner is a winner and versatile enough to be of use to us next season.
You may be right on the fact that Marotta does not accept certain amounts on players but my whole argument was that if he wants to open funds to sponsor a deal then Lichtsteiner would be the one sacrificed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 557)