Stephan Lichtsteiner - RB - Nazio (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Lich - Bonucci - Chiellini - Ziegler

Looks pretty average and mediocre to me.
if bonucci has solid fullbacks in the team, he will be able to mature more quickly and positively. THIS season much will depend on his development. Last season he had excuses, of far too often having to play CB and RB. Similar with Giorgio. If Ziegler can take away much, if not all of the LB duties, which CHiellini HAD to add to his own CB duties, for 70% of last season, then he will also seem far better. With Lichstenier and Ziegler, also some more talent on the ball and capability to retain the ball in the midfield and attack, less pressure constantly weighing down on the defence as a whole...with Buffon back in form also...That defence could be far better than mediocre. In fact, i like the look of it...Who knows who can click well together??? Impossible to say. but Lich and Ziegler, are definite upgrades to Grosso/de ceglie and Motta. That in itself is work well done...especially when fullbacks, of a decent quality, are some of the rarest players to find.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
if bonucci has solid fullbacks in the team, he will be able to mature more quickly and positively. THIS season much will depend on his development. Last season he had excuses, of far too often having to play CB and RB. Similar with Giorgio. If Ziegler can take away much, if not all of the LB duties, which CHiellini HAD to add to his own CB duties, for 70% of last season, then he will also seem far better. With Lichstenier and Ziegler, also some more talent on the ball and capability to retain the ball in the midfield and attack, less pressure constantly weighing down on the defence as a whole...with Buffon back in form also...That defence could be far better than mediocre. In fact, i like the look of it...Who knows who can click well together??? Impossible to say. but Lich and Ziegler, are definite upgrades to Grosso/de ceglie and Motta. That in itself is work well done...especially when fullbacks, of a decent quality, are some of the rarest players to find.
We can always look up for excuses but this season we've seen many mistakes from Bonucci and many of those were only his fault. It takes time for them to settle in, but like I said before - I don't see him and Chiellini becoming a great partnership. Ziegler is fragile IMO and I'm afraid he will be our weak link next season, as I don't think he's a big upgrade over De Ceglie. As for Lich, I think he's a bully and one of those run and kick the ball type of players. To sum it up, I see this defense line very dull and talentless, as it doesn't posses a mind which can form the line and lead the ball calmly to our midfield. I think we have a big minus there because Chiellini and Bonucci can't pass the ball, both are pretty much clumsy and weak one-on-one when there's a fast player in the box, so I wish we had someone who's great on the ground. Andreas Beck is one of those for who I think it could help, since he cuts inside and helps out quite often, unlike Lich.

Baring Milan and Inter nobody else has a better defence than that Doozy.
At this point Udinese would have a better defense with Zapata, Isla and Armero there. Still, I don't see the point of comparing it like that for many reasons. First, I might as well be wrong and they start clicking amazing (which I highly doubt). Secondly, Serie A has been very weak in recent years so being better than Fiorentina, Lazio or Roma doesn't really say much. As for the other reasons why I think our defense blows you can read above ^

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Let's wait and see how they perform under Conte, then we can start bashing our backline for being mediocre.
Yes, lets rely on Conte who led Serie B teams.

Not really rely, but hopes are very low if we're expecting Conte to assemble them and pull the potential in a best possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)