Stefano Sturaro (6 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't mind Hist mostly, but I remember months ago or last season I think, trying to argue that Sturaro is better then Lemina. It's baffling he holds on to this weird notion.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
My post was that he is my favorite bench player not the best one or most talented. In the same post I say Hernanes is most talented.

Last season after something like only 3 games watching Lemina, he was already rated as insanely talented and paraded as the vice-marchisio (which i mocked continiously). This was the time I was whining Pirlo has not been replaced. About sturuuru and Lemina I said if I have to sell one, I'd keep stururu because I know what he brings to the table. I argued the sample we had of Lemina was too small to make any kind of reasonable judgment.

And too small it was. Most of the people who were sure after 3-4 games of Lemina that he is a good vice-marchisio now think that he is no good in that role and prefer him as B2B.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: He still thinks that expired German turd rotting @ Yanited can be of use.
I said he is worth the risk of trying and if anyone can revive him, its us at Serie A's. That was as opposed to sticking it out with Lemina and Hernanes in Marchisio's role. Now we will never know.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Your post makes little sense except if you were practicing the art of politicians talking without saying anything.

Because I fail to see how that's relevant to the actual qualities of the players themselves, which you seem to skirt around for some reason.

You are indirectly saying Sturaro is kinda shit considering the low enough expectations that can never disappoint you. But how in the hell is he way less frustrating then Lemina, who isn't starter quality but has shown clear quality impact compared to Sturaro? Makes no sense. Different standards of expectations as you already signified should said it enough, but apparently you don't even realize it yourself.

The player who adds least value and quality to our midfield is most frustrating, not because of hype or expectations, but simple more likely to fail at his task. After Padoin left, Sturaro is easily our weakest midfielder, or scratch that, this seasons Asamoah is incredibly pointless, it's a tie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My post was that he is my favorite bench player not the best one or most talented. In the same post I say Hernanes is most talented.

Last season after something like only 3 games watching Lemina, he was already rated as insanely talented and paraded as the vice-marchisio (which i mocked continiously). This was the time I was whining Pirlo has not been replaced. About sturuuru and Lemina I said if I have to sell one, I'd keep stururu because I know what he brings to the table. I argued the sample we had of Lemina was too small to make any kind of reasonable judgment.

And too small it was. Most of the people who were sure after 3-4 games of Lemina that he is a good vice-marchisio now think that he is no good in that role and prefer him as B2B.

- - - Updated - - -

I said he is worth the risk of trying and if anyone can revive him, its us at Serie A's. That was as opposed to sticking it out with Lemina and Hernanes in Marchisio's role. Now we will never know.
You seem to stubbornly stick to your rash comment from last season for the heck of it,so let's try this... Keep it simple, over a season of playing for both players so far, ignore what others say, promise, hype, whatever, who has shown more quality on the pitch between them. Who is the better player? What exactly do they bring to the table?

Direct answer and less deflecting around it would be appreciated.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Your post makes little sense except if you were practicing the art of politicians talking without saying anything.

Because I fail to see how that's relevant to the actual qualities of the players themselves, which you seem to skirt around for some reason.

You are indirectly saying Sturaro is kinda shit considering the low enough expectations that can never disappoint you. But how in the hell is he way less frustrating then Lemina, who isn't starter quality but has shown clear quality impact compared to Sturaro? Makes no sense. Different standards of expectations as you already signified should said it enough, but apparently you don't even realize it yourself.

The player who adds least value and quality to our midfield is most frustrating, not because of hype or expectations, but simple more likely to fail at his task. After Padoin left, Sturaro is easily our weakest midfielder, or scratch that, this seasons Asamoah is incredibly pointless, it's a tie.

Agree on the first statement, disagree on the second.

It is different standard of expectations. Lemina suggests having higher quality thereby raising expectations and then not meeting them. VS. Stururu who is less quality but is consistently mediocre. We agree there completely.

Frustration is definitely about expectations in relation to performance. If you have high expectations of someone and they fail to perform (even outside football) you get frustrated with them. And the more this pattern is repeated with a person the more he is frustrating.

Balotelli embodies fan frustration more than anyone simply because he is the extreme case of very high quality and very high inconsistency. Scores a magical goal or two and everyone expects the world from him and then proceeds to do nothing for the next few weeks. If he plays for your team he takes you on a roller coaster and frustrates the fuck out of you. As opposed to Padoin who was never talented and does exactly whats expected of him (which is little).

When you are frustrated with a performance or a result by Juve it is because you expect better from Juve. Frustration is definitely a function of the gap between expectations and reality.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to stubbornly stick to your rash comment from last season for the heck of it,so let's try this... Keep it simple, over a season of playing for both players so far, ignore what others say, promise, hype, whatever, who has shown more quality on the pitch between them. Who is the better player? What exactly do they bring to the table?

Direct answer and less deflecting around it would be appreciated.

Lemina brings more to the table...

but pisses me off more so I like the sturururu more :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
]

Lemina brings more to the table...

but pisses me off more so I like the sturururu more :)
The first part is all I needed after constant essays of trying worm your way out of the obvious of how Lemina is clearly the superior player.

And oh a tip, maybe lower your unrealistic expectations of Lemina? I rarely find him that overwhelmingly frustrating as you seem to suggest, good rotational CM.

And at the same time maybe raise your minimum requirements of a Juve player of you are content with Sturaro, him being mediocre would be an improvement, but his technique, ball retention and football IQ are so friggin low that I wish he was just mediocre. Just comes off as a senseless brainless runner and little else.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Allegri has said he prefers Pjanic on the right side of the pitch, because for some reason, there he operates in a smaller space than at the left, allowing him to be more present.

Because of that, I think Allegri prefers Sturaro to replace Khedira, because Sturaro can play as a LCM and Lemina hasn't played there yet.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This guy should be nowhere near a football pitch. Managed to misplace 5+ passes in less than 5 mins. A poor, white Momo Sissoko. Come play in India.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Has 0 footballing IQ. He is living proof of my theory that if you can run a lot for a long time, clubs will sign you no matter how shit you are at football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)