Stefano Sturaro (4 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I have not been as critical on Juve team performance and of individual players as many of you on this forum. However, Sturaro's performance was sub-par to put it mildly. He constantly lost the ball, his passes were often misplaced and couldn't get a shot on target with only the keeper to beat inside the 6 yard box. I really don't want to see that player in our midfield. Was Lemina injured or something? or is he still being punished for the red card against Lyon - that match was a long time ago now.

Hernanes was our best midfield player against Chievo by the way. Amazing but true.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
my favorite player from all the subs. Not over hyped, hardworking, does exactly what you expect him to do. Not first team quality but no one ever argued that he is. Way less frustrating than lemina or hernanes to me even though hernanes seems to be the most talented of the group. He is just insanely inconsistent.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think you forgot that he's just returning after a long lay off. Max is playing him so that he gains match fitness. Sturaro will come good.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No big fan of his, but i wouldn't mind him remaining in here in the role of 6th CM. I can see him staying here for some years and he will probably get better with time, though will always be a very limited player

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
my favorite player from all the subs. Not over hyped, hardworking, does exactly what you expect him to do. Not first team quality but no one ever argued that he is. Way less frustrating than lemina or hernanes to me even though hernanes seems to be the most talented of the group. He is just insanely inconsistent.
How the fuck is he way less frustrating then Lemina? Explain that to me.

And can you please tell me what you exactly expect Sturaro to do if you are happy with his output?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is very aggressive and runs alot but barely wins much possession anyways, lots of effort doesn't equal competence at the task. It's mostly the running that's more useful then usual now cuz so far this season we play with slow unathletic trio.

Lemina is significantly better at duels, on possession and tackling.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't mind Hist mostly, but I remember months ago or last season I think, trying to argue that Sturaro is better then Lemina. It's baffling he holds on to this weird notion.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015

Exactly people here are forgetting poulsen, Mendes and melo... i think I even saw some platini and zidane names thrown lol very level headed comparisons from the kids in here...
That distraction he made on penaldo was a hint that this guy has huge balls and spits blood and that alone is good enough for Juve bench as a DM, and that is all he is, an ugly destroyer..but he will be a decent one off the bench and for some league matches. Needs more time AND a clear role, can't play him as a CM and expect him to show true ability.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Lemina is a much better version of Sturaro, he should be playing. Actually that's why I think Sturaro is surplus in this squad, he's redundant to what Lemina brings, but with less quality.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How the fuck is he way less frustrating then Lemina? Explain that to me.

And can you please tell me what you exactly expect Sturaro to do if you are happy with his output?
Lemina is ups and downs. Not clear exactly what he can do reliably well. Sometimes suggests he can distribute but then does very poorly at the same role the game after. Hernanes is like that too but lemina does it in a variety of roles. He raises you up only to bring you down. Kind of like Melo used to do to us (drove me nuts) but ofcoarse at a much milder level. You end up having half the forum wanting him to start and the other half wanting him to stay away from the pitch and in-fighting between the fans about how to rate him every week.

Sturururu is not like that. He is consistently reliable at one thing, which is running a lot, breaking up play and then a simple short pass to someone who knows what to do with the ball. He is not exceptional at it and no one claims he is or will be. No raised expectation no disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)