Stefano Sturaro (41 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
not convinced he anything special yet.

has nothing to do with vidal leaving. even when we signed him in january, i didnt think he was going to be anything more than a decent depth signing.

hope i am wrong.
I felt like this even after the Madrid game but the Napoli games sorta convinced me he'll come good.
Not only he showed he can be reliable defensively but he also showed some exquisite flair and fancy with endproduct.
I was like when did Pereyra become so good ?! Only to realize that was actually Sturaro.
And to think that Napoli's CL hopes were on the line in that game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I think his defining moment was when he tackled Ramos and Ramos tried to get in his face, he didn't back down and went face to face with him. Showed the sort of character he is, on the biggest stage as well.
I very much like that standing his ground against thug wannabe ramos but the moment had me most impressed was when he clashed with Pepe over a dead ball and after getting up Pepe looked over to see who the fuck is this dude. It also seemed like he blacked out for a second.
Need a gif of that when Alex comes back. If he still has the game recorded.

Certainly earned his place, but I agree with Lion, in general hes clumsy on the ball and most of his tackles are rash will be interesting to see how he improves in a season or two.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Nope. But we are 37m richer and have the depth to cover his loss.
We shall see about that at the end of mercato.

But firstly, we're Juventus, not Udinese or Arsenal. We're not in the game to make the profit and keep producing talents for other top teams. Secondly, while I have nothing against rejuvenating a team (even after winning 4 Scudetti and reaching high stages in Europe) I do think it's plain wrong to get rid of three main-ish pillars of our team in just one month. Thirdly, it seems that people forget how much we spent already and I don't expect us to fart out money till September. Lastly, for the amount mentioned, we were pretty much robbed, as imo a player like Vidal costs a lot more in todays market. Injury or not, he's a beast and he showed that even in Copa America.

Do we have depth to cover his loss? I don't think so. Reason being simply: we have no player on his position that possess his quality. And again, we're Juve, we should be stacking and improving, not covering losses with lesser players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We shall see about that at the end of mercato.

But firstly, we're Juventus, not Udinese or Arsenal. We're not in the game to make the profit and keep producing talents for other top teams. Secondly, while I have nothing against rejuvenating a team (even after winning 4 Scudetti and reaching high stages in Europe) I do think it's plain wrong to get rid of three main-ish pillars of our team in just one month. Thirdly, it seems that people forget how much we spent already and I don't expect us to fart out money till September. Lastly, for the amount mentioned, we were pretty much robbed, as imo a player like Vidal costs a lot more in todays market. Injury or not, he's a beast and he showed that even in Copa America.

Do we have depth to cover his loss? I don't think so. Reason being simply: we have no player on his position that possess his quality. And again, we're Juve, we should be stacking and improving, not covering losses with lesser players.
Said everything I have been trying to say since we sold Vidal in one post :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I forgot to mention one thing. I know it's Juventus, top club, with people who know their stuff and even work behind curtains. But honestly? Honestly I don't think we even have a strategy or a plan how to move and who to get. It doesn't seem like they know what they're doing tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong but I never had this feeling over the past few years :boh:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I forgot to mention one thing. I know it's Juventus, top club, with people who know their stuff and even work behind curtains. But honestly? Honestly I don't think we even have a strategy or a plan how to move and who to get. It doesn't seem like they know what they're doing tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong but I never had this feeling over the past few years :boh:
Agree with all you've said, I don't have high hopes this season but certainly pray and hope for the best.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That was also something I mentioned at the beginning of the summer, that the players we bought didn't give me a feeling of a plan but again I mentioned that before and was proven wrong. So what do I know....

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Yet both of you cats don't realize this isn't communism you can't force someone to stay if they don't want to be here. You guys would have rather had them here playing unhappy and half assed than sold them. That my friends would have been detrimental to the squad

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yet both of you cats don't realize this isn't communism you can't force someone to stay if they don't want to be here. You guys would have rather had them here playing unhappy and half assed than sold them. That my friends would have been detrimental to the squad
I'm not a cat. Thank you and good bye.

Oct 4, 2011
I think his defining moment was when he tackled Ramos and Ramos tried to get in his face, he didn't back down and went face to face with him. Showed the sort of character he is, on the biggest stage as well.
u missed the best part of that moment, he went hard into that tackle because just a couple of seconds before ramos made a harsh tackle on pirlo and he got him off balance and pirlo stumble, i was so pissed and I'm sure sturaro felt the exact same as most of the Juve fans watching and reacted the exact same way as any of the fans would have if we were anywhere near ramos, in that moment i just fell in love with sturaro

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.But dont dare to say he is good. Vidalists will kill you
most stupid post of the year contender

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)