Stefano Sturaro (30 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If we use him as back up RB, with strictly defensive duties in a very attacking line up focused on our mids and forwards... then fine.

Otherwise, i dont think he brings enough on the midfield. He gets carried.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If we use him as back up RB, with strictly defensive duties in a very attacking line up focused on our mids and forwards... then fine.

Otherwise, i dont think he brings enough on the midfield. He gets carried.
I see you keep suggesting use him as a RB, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he'd do well there. It takes more than having a lot of stamina and aggression. Actually, as a defender he would have to be more disciplined in his positioning and would make less use of his aggression in closing down players, which is one of his few strengths.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I see you keep suggesting use him as a RB, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he'd do well there. It takes more than having a lot of stamina and aggression. Actually, as a defender he would have to be more disciplined in his positioning and would make less use of his aggression in closing down players, which is one of his few strengths.
I think that he is a good defensive mid, he has good tackles and stamina like you said BUT his offensive input is not good and is very random, his first touch is bad too.

I suggest him there because 1-It frees a spot on midfield for a more skilled one, and 2- He could channel his defensive duties and learn to be a good defender with training and mentoring.

It will not happen from day to night but since he knows how to tackle and has decent crossses on him, it could be tried. he has played there before, but it was a long long time ago.

What we would need for him would be only to keep the his position in a 4 man line and pass the ball to attackers or mids.

Wpuld be worth in a 433 or 4312. Not so sure in a 352...but we have other players for that like Alves and Cuadrado.

Mi idea od using a strictly defensive RB in sturaro, would be to bring cohesion and security to a more attacking formation than we use now.

Lets say we experiment next year, using more attacking midfilders, o using a forward line consisting of Pjaca-Higuain-Dybala...backed up by Marchisio witsel and pjanic...it would be safe to bring some balance in having someone like sturaro covering their backs and not going up.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think that he is a good defensive mid, he has good tackles and stamina like you said BUT his offensive input is not good and is very random, his first touch is bad too.

I suggest him there because 1-It frees a spot on midfield for a more skilled one, and 2- He could channel his defensive duties and learn to be a good defender with training and mentoring.

It will not happen from day to night but since he knows how to tackle and has decent crossses on him, it could be tried. he has played there before, but it was a long long time ago.

What we would need for him would be only to keep the his position in a 4 man line and pass the ball to attackers or mids.

Wpuld be worth in a 433 or 4312. Not so sure in a 352...but we have other players for that like Alves and Cuadrado.

Mi idea od using a strictly defensive RB in sturaro, would be to bring cohesion and security to a more attacking formation than we use now.

Lets say we experiment next year, using more attacking midfilders, o using a forward line consisting of Pjaca-Higuain-Dybala...backed up by Marchisio witsel and pjanic...it would be safe to bring some balance in having someone like sturaro covering their backs and not going up.
In that case we could just use a CB and shift him to the right like Barzagli did at times.

Anyhow, maybe max will have the same idea as you and we'll see it some time :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
In that case we could just use a CB and shift him to the right like Barzagli did at times.

Anyhow, maybe max will have the same idea as you and we'll see it some time :D
yeah! :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

He played RWB few times for Genoa so i guess he could do it here too, not sure about RB tho
If he can RWB, for sure he can keep it simple and play a defensive RB. IMO.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's a great player. Turns his game on especially in big games. He'll grow into a beast.
:rofl: :lol: :howler: Now I know who wrote that BS on his Wiki page, and hacked the official Juventus website.

It's a given that we always have to have one or two absolutely shit players on the roster. It's the Juve way. We had Paramatti, Baiocco, Bachini, Porrini, Motta, and the list goes on, so no surprises there.

Apr 9, 2015
I like is character on and off the field and I wish him the best, but if I am honest he isn't good enough. He is a sort of Padoin replacement and if it stays by the same minutes Padoin made i agree with this extention. There are not a lot of players who want to sit mostly on the bench and are under 25.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
his extension is a smart move by the club. most probably his salary would stay the same, and the amortization is divided into a longer period, making the balance sheet look better. as a player, i don't mind him too much, he's a depth option, and as we won't have fabregas or james rodriguez as a bench warmer for a couple of years anyway, i'm fine with him staying for an other couple of years.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its not the same role
Obvs. As a RWB you need to put more offensive input and roam the line. He doesnt have good offensive input so i dont the see the point in him trying to be up ,crossing and getting caught out of position, when we will have midfielders and forwards to carry the ball in his stead. More than the ocational cross, i dont think he NEEDS to be attacking that much if the team is set properly. He needs just to keep things compact and defend. thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)