Stefano Sturaro (5 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
That's about all he does, yeah. That and giving the ball to the opposition so he can go back to pressuring them.
He will never be a technical wizard or a passing machine but he was an important part of our improved midfield. I hope he builds on this performance because it was quite encouraging.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He will never be a technical wizard or a passing machine but he was an important part of our improved midfield. I hope he builds on this performance because it was quite encouraging.
I'm not talking about being a technical wizard or straying passes left and right. Controlling a ball and not losing it would do but half of the time he's not able to do it. It takes ages for him to decide what he's going to do and I'd try Asamoah over him next week even if Asa has been awful as well lately.

Jun 6, 2015
I'm not talking about being a technical wizard or straying passes left and right. Controlling a ball and not losing it would do but half of the time he's not able to do it. It takes ages for him to decide what he's going to do and I'd try Asamoah over him next week even if Asa has been awful as well lately.
Fair enough :tup: I was very pleased with him today and don't think there is any reason to drop him after that game.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Ending of the game he does a good move to take the ball near the corner flag and then proceeds to get dispossessed easily. Sums him up really, has the right intentions, not the skill.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He runs a lot (and helps his friends), fights, and shows the right grinta...but is just massively lacking in quality in key areas. In terms of his technique, I've seen midfielders in the Hyundai A-League with better ball-control and passing than this dude.

- - - Updated - - -

He ran a lot and helped his friends
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Quetzalcoatl again.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He was terrible. Any time the ball was played to him with his back to goal it bounced off him. He can dribble or take on anyone and he cant pass. I admire his workrate and effort, his passion and heart but he is too average for us even as a backup.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
never though i'd see a juve player with a worse touch than llorente. i was wrong.

allegri should be whipped 5 times everytime he plays sturaro

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I have such ambivalent feelings towards this player. On a good day he can actually play really well and be highly useful. His abilities as a destroyer are, in my opinion, precisely what our midfield needs in order to get the best out of Pjanic, for instance. The problem, however, with this guy, is that he's remarkably inconsistent. Really a Jekyll/Hyde-kind of player who, sadly, for the most part shows up as Hyde.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I have such ambivalent feelings towards this player. On a good day he can actually play really well and be highly useful. His abilities as a destroyer are, in my opinion, precisely what our midfield needs in order to get the best out of Pjanic, for instance. The problem, however, with this guy, is that he's remarkably inconsistent. Really a Jekyll/Hyde-kind of player who, sadly, for the most part shows up as Hyde.
I agree. He goes from being almost as good as Nocerino to being absolute shit. Today he almost looked like a professional football player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)