Start a revolution! (1 Viewer)

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
I just wouldn't suppose Hleb as AM. I watched a game against Slovenia in WC 2006 Qualifys, and he was bullshit. Slovenia got two men on him and you just couldn't see him. As Nedved yesterday.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I'm not for revolution. Evolution, more like it. Year in and year out, it's the teams that build on a core squad -- making select changes -- that always seem to end up competing for the top spot.

Wholsesale, revolutionary changes, whether you are Inter or some newly-promoted Serie B side, are most often a recipe for underachievement.
You are a wise man Swag and probably the VOICE OF REASON here.
Inter's record in the past ten years is living proof that a buy-buy mentality will not get you anything. That said, can someone explain the rationale in getting rid of Maresca, Miccoli AND Divaio last season. If you look at the scheme of things it is not really finance based: Emerson, Cannavaro and Zlatan command hefty wages not to mention the purchase price (not sure which one was free, etc.).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We don't need to buy a package, we need a player in every department, maybe 2 in midfield (Veron? and Aimar)

Veron seems to be restless and not knowing where to go

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
a rightback and at least 2 more midfielders to bring that creativity in the team ...however i think cappello will resort to a 4-3-3 formation next season ....we are always linked will so many centre midfielders and and no wingers are linked with us .....i see cassano and megni behind zlatan upfront .

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
That said, can someone explain the rationale in getting rid of Maresca, Miccoli AND Divaio last season. If you look at the scheme of things it is not really finance based: Emerson, Cannavaro and Zlatan command hefty wages not to mention the purchase price (not sure which one was free, etc.).
Upgrades balanced with some financial backing (since we couldn't afford to just add bench players)?

We had a godawful leaky defense last season, and getting Canna and moving Thuram back to the middle, IMO, has arguably made a world of difference. So to land that, the logic may have been to sacrifice a forward in either Di Vaio (too inconsistent) or Miccoli (not going to be a future starter, possible negative internal politics with DP starting all the time).

Then you could see Maresca as making room for Emerson and then the other of either Di Vaio or Miccoli for Zlatan. Emerson filling the DM hole that Davids left, and Zlatan being young enough to have the potential to rise as a possible future starter in place of DP, etc. (though this sort of happened, Trez injuries aside, sooner than expected, certainly).

Of course, that left us short on forwards now. Which, in part, explains the Mutu business.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003

Upgrades balanced with some financial backing (since we couldn't afford to just add bench players)?

We had a godawful leaky defense last season, and getting Canna and moving Thuram back to the middle, IMO, has arguably made a world of difference. So to land that, the logic may have been to sacrifice a forward in either Di Vaio (too inconsistent) or Miccoli (not going to be a future starter, possible negative internal politics with DP starting all the time).

Then you could see Maresca as making room for Emerson and then the other of either Di Vaio or Miccoli for Zlatan. Emerson filling the DM hole that Davids left, and Zlatan being young enough to have the potential to rise as a possible future starter in place of DP, etc. (though this sort of happened, Trez injuries aside, sooner than expected, certainly).

Of course, that left us short on forwards now. Which, in part, explains the Mutu business.
Well at the end of the day it was terrible planning. Emerson is out of steam and has no replacement. On that point, the midfield seems lost creatively and there are no possible alternatives. Defense has improved but I find that Cannavaro and Thuram have been on the decline recently....no one to offer rest. The offense is not getting decent 'feeds' from a creative midfielder or a Nedved of 2 years ago ... DP is doing anything to buy himself time...Zlatan is getting frustrated as hell ... Nedved is trying to prove he is not finished and Trez. is unjustifiably missing.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I totally agree as far as Depth in midfield, i am sure Moggi already worked on it, as far as D we should be set with the return of Chiellini. I personally think our squad will be very balanced next year as long as Trez is healthy Mutu behind TREZ and Zlatan sounds scary as hell. Bringing in a couple of youngsters to learn from aging Emerson and Nedved should do the trick. It's really not as bad one might think.

OP
A_LAcki

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30

Well at the end of the day it was terrible planning. Emerson is out of steam and has no replacement. On that point, the midfield seems lost creatively and there are no possible alternatives. Defense has improved but I find that Cannavaro and Thuram have been on the decline recently....no one to offer rest. The offense is not getting decent 'feeds' from a creative midfielder or a Nedved of 2 years ago ... DP is doing anything to buy himself time...Zlatan is getting frustrated as hell ... Nedved is trying to prove he is not finished and Trez. is unjustifiably missing.
    Very well said. We could sum it up: We simply lack a bench like Milan has it! And.........Our midfield is not as good as yours!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    The ironic thing about this thread is that the guy opened the thread saying we NEED YOUNG PLAYERS then goes on and shows his inpatience with APPIAH, BLASI, OLIVERA.

But this is what we are doing, these youths have potential and when u build a young team u need patience not constant pressure. I feel Olivera WILL be good, Appiah I have not 100% given up on while BLASI just needs to understand Juve style of play.

I agree we need an EVOLUTION and I think we have started that.

gusmano

Mar 15, 2004
    I really don't know why everybody wants kovac. Did you see him play ones? Against Chelsea he was responsible for almost every Chelsea goal. Not much better then montero!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I'm not for revolution. Evolution, more like it. Year in and year out, it's the teams that build on a core squad -- making select changes -- that always seem to end up competing for the top spot.

Wholsesale, revolutionary changes, whether you are Inter or some newly-promoted Serie B side, are most often a recipe for underachievement.

You are a wise man Swag and probably the VOICE OF REASON here.
    Inter's record in the past ten years is living proof that a buy-buy mentality will not get you anything. That said, can someone explain the rationale in getting rid of Maresca, Miccoli AND Divaio last season. If you look at the scheme of things it is not really finance based: Emerson, Cannavaro and Zlatan command hefty wages not to mention the purchase price (not sure which one was free, etc.).
    100% True!

OP
    A_LAcki

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
    The ironic thing about this thread is that the guy opened the thread saying we NEED YOUNG PLAYERS then goes on and shows his inpatience with APPIAH, BLASI, OLIVERA.

But this is what we are doing, these youths have potential and when u build a young team u need patience not constant pressure. I feel Olivera WILL be good, Appiah I have not 100% given up on while BLASI just needs to understand Juve style of play.

I agree we need an EVOLUTION and I think we have started that.
    Man, I doubt that you have seen any Juve matches this season, other wise you would have not seen this. Olivera is a complete waste. Still the best of this three boys, but we won't win the CL with Olivera in the starting line-up.
    Blasi simply can't pass the ball correctly and Appiah is not Juve material.
    Players like Chiellini, Maresca, Cassano, Gilardino etc. would bring us further than the trash we have sitting on the bench!

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
    We're talking about some revolution, but next season there'll be still DP in the first squad and Nedved won't be sold. The presidents of the club IMO just haven't got enough courrage to seel our icons. But they should do it.

And Olivera will become good. He was discovered by Cappello, but he cannot develop his potential with 10 min per game. Cappello should try playing him constantly 15 matches. And then we could talk about him.

And Zebina should quit Juve. He is not good enough. The central defence should be refreshed. Canna and Thuram are just too old for modern football.

And I the midfield we mustn't play any more with two DM's like with L'pool, when Emo and Blasi played in the centre together. We should play with some real game creator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)