Starfield (2 Viewers)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    I spent six hours yesterday making the Nostromo. I love it. If you take it as face value, it's a great, fun, and an engrossing game.

I keep hearing people say, "well, you can't do 'X' like in The New Republic, or 'Y' in No Man's Sky."

Bethesda never said that, the consumer did. I think if expectations weren't blown out of proportion, or weren't trying to draw comparisons, the game would be great.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Downloaded with the Gamepass and not really impressed tbh.
    Bethesda has been left behind a while ago tbh and I don’t mean in just graphics but in all departments. Old formula, old engine, copy and paste exploration and generic gameplay.

I’m sure there’s fun to be had with Starfield but as all reviews I watched pointed out, it’s the size of a train but the depth of a scooter.

Bethesda was ahead of the game around Oblivion, the Fallout games and then Skyrim. It was just that impressive. But modern day brings modern expectations, games like Elden Ring and Baldur’s Gate 3 being masterful at what they do Bethesda is struggling to keep up. Starfield would have been a revolutionary game 8 years ago, today their formula is meh

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Bethesda has been left behind a while ago tbh and I don’t mean in just graphics but in all departments. Old formula, old engine, copy and paste exploration and generic gameplay.

I’m sure there’s fun to be had with Starfield but as all reviews I watched pointed out, it’s the size of a train but the depth of a scooter.

Bethesda was ahead of the game around Oblivion, the Fallout games and then Skyrim. It was just that impressive. But modern day brings modern expectations, games like Elden Ring and Baldur’s Gate 3 being masterful at what they do Bethesda is struggling to keep up. Starfield would have been a revolutionary game 8 years ago, today their formula is meh
    How much of it have you played?

- - - Updated - - -

I spent six hours yesterday making the Nostromo. I love it. If you take it as face value, it's a great, fun, and an engrossing game.

I keep hearing people say, "well, you can't do 'X' like in The New Republic, or 'Y' in No Man's Sky."

Bethesda never said that, the consumer did. I think if expectations weren't blown out of proportion, or weren't trying to draw comparisons, the game would be great.
    Word, the moaning trend started before the game was even released. Ive played maybe 10-12 hours and ive enjoyed it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

These have been 90% of the criticisms I've seen so far, which are bullshit to me.

The rest is about the depth of it, which is understandable.

Having not played it yet, to me the expectations vs delivery and lack of depth sounds similar to criticism for The Outer Worlds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)