Star Wars (2 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I still can’t believe that they killed Snoke in The Last Jedi. You’ve build up this badass villain and interesting character who appears to be incredibly powerful. Then you just kill him off with a movie still remaining without anyone ever knowing anything about him or where he came from.

Idiotic.

Now the only villain left is this beta male Kylo Ren who has already previously been defeated by an untrained Rey.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I still can’t believe that they killed Snoke in The Last Jedi. You’ve build up this badass villain and interesting character who appears to be incredibly powerful. Then you just kill him off with a movie still remaining without anyone ever knowing anything about him or where he came from.

Idiotic.

Now the only villain left is this beta male Kylo Ren who has already previously been defeated by an untrained Rey.
What? There was nothing about Snoke. There were like 2 minutes of him overall. Not only he wasn't badass because they literally didn't show anything with him bar a couple of short talks, but he also ain't interesting because he wasn't even developed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What? There was nothing about Snoke. There were like 2 minutes of him overall. Not only he wasn't badass because they literally didn't show anything with him bar a couple of short talks, but he also ain't interesting because he wasn't even developed.
The Last Jedi sucks no matter how you twist it. It had no substance at all, no plot, nothing that catches you to watch, it was just a series of events that to some extent were not even coherent.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I seriously don’t understand why people don’t talk shit about The Force Awakens. That was nothing but a remake of the first Star Wars movie. I really felt ripped off.
I didn't think it was that bad, maybe as you say it was sort of a remake but it had all the elements of making a good movie. The Last Jedi was simply a shallow sequence of events.

Apr 15, 2006
GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films
:ID:

Apr 15, 2006
I seriously don’t understand why people don’t talk shit about The Force Awakens. That was nothing but a remake of the first Star Wars movie. I really felt ripped off.
While that is true, the film was shot pretty well and it helped get new fans while catering to the old. TLJ fixed none of its problems and basically killed anything worthwhile that remained. The story suffered due to their pandering to feminists. They weakened every male character, reduced the First Order to a laughing stock of idiots, tried to portray the women as the real heroes but miserably failed at that and they fucked up almost everything that could be fucked up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
While that is true, the film was shot pretty well and it helped get new fans while catering to the old. TLJ fixed none of its problems and basically killed anything worthwhile that remained. The story suffered due to their pandering to feminists. They weakened every male character, reduced the First Order to a laughing stock of idiots, tried to portray the women as the real heroes but miserably failed at that and they fucked up almost everything that could be fucked up.
:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yep. And you know what, it's not only SW that's doing it but pretty much majority of movies nowadays. When I said that, people thought I hate women and how I'm a sexist. But it's seriously disgusting.

Still, what I hate the most about new SW is the forced must-have-it comedy.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The Mandalorian season 2 finale is what every Star Wars fan dreamt about for decades. It was simply beautiful.
if you are hyped like that it was probably some super cringey fanservice where they retconned and shat on some old characters from the 80s movies

note to myself: watch all eps but the last one

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
if you are hyped like that it was probably some super cringey fanservice where they retconned and shat on some old characters from the 80s movies

note to myself: watch all eps but the last one

It was fanservice yeah, but the exact opposite of the fanservice you wrote about. It's up to you to watch it though. I would give it a shot.

It was a really well made ending to the story of both seasons in my opinion. And quite an epic one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)