Star Wars (6 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Another thing is, star wars was build upon the 4-6 episodes.

then in 1-3 and clone wars, they filled in the gaps and perfected the storyline (with its flaws, but not to bad).

For me the entire thing was done and wrapped up. Like the Bourne Trilogy

The new star wars trilogy will be like the 4th Bourne movie. They'll probably be good and well produced movies, but they feel out of place, cause the story is done and they now make a new part, with pretty much new protagonists.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Another thing is, star wars was build upon the 4-6 episodes.

then in 1-3 and clone wars, they filled in the gaps and perfected the storyline (with its flaws, but not to bad).

For me the entire thing was done and wrapped up. Like the Bourne Trilogy

The new star wars trilogy will be like the 4th Bourne movie. They'll probably be good and well produced movies, but they feel out of place, cause the story is done and they now make a new part, with pretty much new protagonists.
There is a whole Extended Universe of books that covers what happens after episode VI . They are not canon after the disney aqcuisition , but they have done a great job in continuing the story . The VI episode is a great set up of what's to come , the galaxy needs to be rebuilt the jedi order needs to be rebuilt and as seen in the trailers the empire is not totally destroyed which was to be expected really .

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
IIRC the empire losts its leaders, political head, and death star

Still got their fleet and cloned troopers left normally
Their leader yes. But most of their other leaders were scattered around the Galaxy. And the army was probably in millions. Realistic thing to happen would be a few years of power struggle between higher powers, maybe a few years of civil war, before someone unifies it. Maybe that will happen in Episode 7 with that Darth Revan look-alike.

Jul 10, 2006
Their leader yes. But most of their other leaders were scattered around the Galaxy. And the army was probably in millions. Realistic thing to happen would be a few years of power struggle between higher powers, maybe a few years of civil war, before someone unifies it. Maybe that will happen in Episode 7 with that Darth Revan look-alike.
I would imagine with the death of Vader and Sidious that there was a coup on Coruscant which put people sympathetic to the rebels and the ancient Galactic Republic, which Darth Sidious, into power. So now there must be another Civil War, as you said.

These could be some amazing films if they are done right. I'm just hoping the return of Han Solo isn't stupid. I have a bad feeling that it will be. It's hard to imagine Ford bringing back the same magic. I'm thinking Indiana Jones in the Crystal Skull. It just didn't work.

Maybe it would be best if they killed off Han at the end of Ep. 7. That would be a good shocker.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
If they seriously had to make the spinoffs they could have at least set them in the times of the Old Republic like KOTOR. Make them IN Star Wars but yet something totally not related to the actual Saga.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)