Star Trek (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It would be a pretty inane show if the aliens could only communicate via grunting noises or telepathy. I agree with Cronios' theory on potential alien life, but of course this has to be entertainment, and humans can relate to humanoids. If you want dialogue instead of just fear and suspense then you have to add either human language (most usually English) or a constructed language with subtitles.

My dad used to watch the original series religiously. I only saw TNG and DS9 growing up, and the original movies. Haven't really found the time or inclination to start watching other parts of the universe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I never really liked the star trek, star wars and generally every film/series that depicts aliens as talking humanoid bipods.
Chances are that they look like insects, dont use speech to communite, due to different gravity rules have totally different dimensions and would probably melt,if they stand in our breathing atmosphere...

But i did like the Borg encounters!
:agree:

Though Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is still one of my favourite books ever, and the movie, while being far inferior to it, is still pretty good in my eyes.

OP
Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #25
    Great sets of individual series

I have seen TNG, DS9 and Voyager

All 3 were brilliant

Never got into the original series but I think I should
    I always hear those are the best series. Enterprise not so much. :p

Out of TNG, DS9 and Voyager - which one is your favourite?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    I find it interesting how there seem to be a lot of people who like the new movies but can't stand the series or the old movies. What is it that makes the new movies "cool" to so many people & the old stuff not?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I find it interesting how there seem to be a lot of people who like the new movies but can't stand the series or the old movies. What is it that makes the new movies "cool" to so many people & the old stuff not?
    Im not a fan of the 'new' Star Trek movies either, for me the best period for the franchise was from the late 70s till the late 80s. Now THAT was worth the watch over and over again.

The series though I found redundant and lacking in terms of plot and material to go on.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    You actually liked the 2009 one? That thing was horrible. They couldn't have possibly done worse.
    I liked it as a sci-fi movie, if you don't think of it as being Star Trek. That's what I mean, the new movies are a different entity to me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    A lot of sci-fi tends to age badly.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    A lot of sci-fi tends to age badly.
    Well I wasn't alive when the original series was on, but I I remember in the 90s/00s (at least around here) if you liked Star Trek you were considered a nerd. I got made fun of in school for liking it & sci-fi in general. Now those same type of people who used to laugh at it think it's "cool", I guess adding modern special effects & attractive actors does wonders.

Shit, I've gone full hipster here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)