Stank off to Inter (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Stankovic: I choose Inter
Friday 19 December, 2003

Dejan Stankovic has finally ended the speculation surrounding his future by confirming he will join Inter.

“I am in a position to choose now,” confessed the Lazio midfielder in an interview with Sky Italia, “and I can say I choose Inter.”

The Serbian international has been linked to the Nerazzurri for several months and a January departure seems increasingly likely.

His contract is set to expire at the end of the season and he could effectively move on a free transfer in the summer.

“I want to win,” continued Stankovic, “and sooner or later Inter must break through this taboo and return to lifting trophies.”

Juventus were thought to be making a bid to intercept talks this month and tempt the player away from Inter’s clutches, but he has held firm with his initial agreement.

He will be reunited with former Lazio boss Alberto Zaccheroni at the San Siro, but curiously will play perhaps his last Biancocelesti game against his future teammates.

“I am glad that my ban was cut down to two games instead of three,” he concluded, “as that means I can play against Inter on Sunday. It was a sign from the Heavens.”

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Disappointing, but I'm confident that Maresca and Appiah can subsequently take over from Davids next season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Some players enjoy a challenge (Inter) instead of going with a sure thing (Juve). Besides, the guy is true to his word, and didn't break a commitment.

Commendable.

Not always wise, but commendable, nonetheless.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    So, I take it that you don't believe in keeping your word once you give it?
    Stanko had for many months ago said:
    if he wouldn't get a new deal with Lazio he would leave for another club, but he wouldn't join any italian side, a gesture of respect to the Lazio fans!

so hmmmmm.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    At the end of the day I think Stankovic choose the club that offered him the best contract, irrespectable of the team's ability to win something or not ..

Aug 1, 2003
    Oh good, he's not joining Juve. Never really keen on that idea. from that article it seems that he has decided to join Inter before Juve made their bid, he kept to his word, thats really cool (reminds me of Zola somehow) :D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    At the end of the day I think Stankovic choose the club that offered him the best contract, irrespectable of the team's ability to win something or not ..
    yea...but i wonder how does inter pay all the players wages....(?) spending more than they are earning, that's for sure. and now that they've been knocked out off CL....i'm sure money will be a lot less...

as for stankovich...he can go f^ck himself.....:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)