Coolest?

• Sly

• Arnold

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Van Damme. easy. Because he actually knows how to fight :p

Martial arts career:

At the age of 12, Van Damme joined the Centre National De Karaté (National Center of Karate) under the guidance of Claude Goetz in Belgium. Van Damme trained for four years and he earned a spot on the Belgian Karate Team; later training in full-contact karate and kickboxing with Dominique Valera.

Semi-contact karate career

At the age of 15, Van Damme started his competitive karate career in Belgium. From 1976 to 1980, Van Damme compiled a record of 44 victories and 4 defeats in tournament and non-tournament semi-contact matches.

Van Damme was a member of the Belgium Karate Team when it won the European Karate Championship on 26 December 1979 at La Coupe Francois Persoons Karate Tournament in Brussels.

Van Damme placed second at the Challenge Coupe des Espoirs Karate Tournament (1st Trials). At the 3-day tournament, Van Damme defeated 25 opponents before losing in the finals to fellow team-mate Angelo Spataro.

1980 Forest National match

On 8 March 1980, in Brussels, Belgium, Van Damme competed against his former team-mate Patrick Teugels at the Forest National Arena on the undercard of the Dan Macaruso-Dominique Valera Professional Karate Association Light-Heavyweight World Championship bout. Prior to this match, Teugels had defeated Van Damme twice by decision, including a match for the Belgium Lightweight Championship. Van Damme had a 1977 victory over Teugels. Teugels was coming off an impressive showing at the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations World Championships four months earlier, and was favored by some to win this match. According to reports, and Patrick Teugels' own interview (with photos), Teugels lost to Van Damme by TKO in the 1st round. Teugels was kicked in the nose and was unable to continue as a result. In a 2013 interview, Van Damme called this fight his most memorable match.

Kickboxing and full-contact karate career

Van Damme began his full-contact career in 1977, when Claude Goetz promoted the first ever full-contact karate tournament in Belgium.

From 1977 to 1982, Van Damme compiled a record of 18 victories (18 knockouts) and 1 defeat. He was even named "Mr. Belgium" in a bodybuilding competition.

In 1980, Van Damme caught the attention of Professional Karate Magazine publisher and editor Mike Anderson, and multiple European champion Geert Lemmens. Both men tabbed Van Damme as an upcoming prospect. Van Damme retired from competition in 1982.

Since 2009, Van Damme has been planning to make a comeback to fight former boxing Olympic gold-medalist Somluck Kamsing.The fight was a focal point in his ITV reality show Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors. The fight has been repeatedly postponed, with many critics doubting it will occur, especially due to the difficulty of booking the venue. December 2012, Van Damme was seen as part of Kam Sing's ring crew, when Kam Sing fought against Jomhod Kiatadisak.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
John McClane would beat them both btw.

:snoop:
:howler: Dude, Arnold defeated The Predator. McClane is cool but can't even hold a candle compared to Arnie. Ffs, Danny Glover is cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

If they got into a fight, who would win?
sylvester stallone & van damme
Nice effort but it won't determine who is cooler. Jean-Claude was cool but his greatness didn't last long. He looks like as a drug addict to me or at least as an ex one. Stallone is an old fart but in a good physical shape and has a better career than Van Damme. Imo, the greatest Sly movie [or at least the coolest one] was the Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes in his prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Van Damme. easy. Because he actually knows how to fight :p
In a street fight, that shizzle doesn't matter. :p

- - - Updated - - -

The bourne movies are good?
Not good, great.

- - - Updated - - -

:D You like Jeremy Renner?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:howler: Dude, Arnold defeated The Predator. McClane is cool but can't even hold a candle compared to Arnie. Ffs, Danny Glover is cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice effort but it won't determine who is cooler. Jean-Claude was cool but his greatness didn't last long. He looks like as a drug addict to me or at least as an ex one. Stallone is an old fart but in a good physical shape and has a better career than Van Damme. Imo, the greatest Sly movie [or at least the coolest one] was the Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes in his prime.
Nah fuck that, McClane cooler and funnier then Arnold and Sly put together.

Not heavy on action but Bruce was amazing in early 90s as the witty anti hero. Incredibly memorable roles in many action/crime/thriller movies that were more charismatic and amusing just for how he delivered his funny lines.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nah $#@! that, McClane cooler and funnier then Arnold and Sly put together.

Not heavy on action but Bruce was amazing in early 90s as the witty anti hero. Incredibly memorable roles in many action/crime/thriller movies that were more charismatic and amusing just for how he delivered his funny lines.

Agree to disagree.

Btw, who did you vote for? I don't see you placed a vote yet?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I kind of liked the first bourne movie when I saw it and was 10. The bourne movies are actually a good example of shitty modern action movies that rely on constant quick cuts shaking cameras and music to create tense experience. I really don't see at all what is good about those movies? I guess its well choreographed...

The action scenes suck which isn't good when you're watching an action movie

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agree to disagree.

Btw, who did you vote for? I don't see you placed a vote yet?
Meh, there will be a difference in cool between those who build their action hero chops by showing muscles and looking menacing to one who talks shit to his foe to death lol. Besides Diehard movies, 5th element, 12 monkeys, little role in Pulp fiction also try last boy scout, Hudson hawk, last man standing, lucky number slevin etc.

Especially last boy scout, too funny.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The action scenes suck which isn't good when you're watching an action movie
What? These scenes [for example] suck?

It's not good as this:

But hey, nothing can beat T2.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, there will be a difference in cool between those who build their action hero chops by showing muscles and looking menacing to one who talks $#@! to his foe to death lol. Besides Diehard movies, 5th element, 12 monkeys, little role in Pulp fiction also try last boy scout, Hudson hawk, last man standing, lucky number slevin etc.

Especially last boy scout, too funny.

:janna: :boh: Thanks for the reply but you didn't answer my question. Arnie or Sly?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didnt vote because, like why the fuck does it matter, the poll? But I already said Arnie clearly in several of my posts.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:touched: :lol: Funniest childhood hero right there lol. FFS singing with such over the top class while blowing shit up :D
@King of Kings and @Hustini would love those too :agree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I didnt vote because, like why the $#@! does it matter, the poll? But I already said Arnie clearly in several of my posts.
Vote for Arnie, you fool!

- - - Updated - - -

I voted Sly because Marc annoys me.

@Klin warned me about you. Why the hell were you stalking me then? :boh: And gave me 3 +reps? :lol2: What did I ever did to you? :broken: :voller:

Also, kind of immature to vote for Sly only because of me. That means Arnold is still cooler? :donedeal:

- - - Updated - - -

Arnold as a person > Sly as a person > Bruce as a person
+rep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)