Stadio Agnelli (1 Viewer)

OP

Trezegol

Jul 19, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    why are you against it, and is it tru that they are naming the new stadium after agnelli.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think it is a bad way to honour Agnelli because it will not be a very good stadium. It will be the Delle Alpi, re-developed into a small, 35,000 capacity ground. Agnelli deserves better than this if it is to be done in his name.

And yes, it is virtually confirmed to happen, so I can, with near certainty, tell ou that it will be named after him

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    We are not gonna name the stadium after him. The rumour was wrote in the newspapers and they were only talking about it how nice it would be if they did. Every Juve official that gave interview was trying to avoid the question or said that it's too early to tell. This re-development will cost us a fortune and Juve is hoping for an invester who's name will be the name of the stadium.

JKane

May 31, 2001
    i'll go nuts if we'll play in a stadium named after some corrupt company ...

mcdonald's arena ... :yuck:
    nike dome ... :yuck: (although nike just said that they have not signed anything concerning our new stadium being named after them)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++
    nike dome ... :yuck: (although nike just said that they have not signed anything concerning our new stadium being named after them)
    Here is more details to the story:

Sportswear giants Nike have categorically dismissed reports that they could stop Juventus naming their new stadium after Gianni Agnelli.

Speculation had suggested that the American firm had an agreement to name the redeveloped Stadio Delle Alpi as part of their 12-year deal with the Turin giants.

But Nike have denied the reports which opens up the way for the new arena to be named after Honorary President Agnelli who died on Friday.

"Our contract with Juventus doesn’t include anything about the name of the stadium," said Massimo Giunco of Nike Europe.

"The Turin club are in no way obliged to consult us over the naming of the venue. And the report that the arena will be called the Nike Stadium is not true.

"We are only interested in dressing Juventus and developing merchandising initiatives." :cool:

Juventus’ deal with Nike will commence from the start of next season. The club hope that the refurbishment of the Delle Alpi will be complete by 2005.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Delle Alpi is cool .. can't we just stick with it ??

It's not a new stadium afterall, just a re-development of the existing one.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Delle Alpi is cool .. can't we just stick with it ??

It's not a new stadium afterall, just a re-development of the existing one.
    Short, clear and brilliantly said! :thumb:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm afraid that that's not the way how business world works :groan:

If a company is goign to pay for the re-modeling they will want something in exchange and there aren't many things that we can offer beside the name of the stadium. Anyway, to us fans, the stadium will always be Delle Alpi no matter what name it has!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    I'm afraid that that's not the way how business world works :groan:
    I know, that's why I switched educations... :down:

If a company is goign to pay for the re-modeling they will want something in exchange and there aren't many things that we can offer beside the name of the stadium. Anyway, to us fans, the stadium will always be Delle Alpi no matter what name it has!
    You're right, Delle Alpi it is!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    as many of you guys said, i like Delle Alpi. it's simply cool.

it's not going to be called Nike Dome or something like, it just can't!!!!

JKane

May 31, 2001
    I don't mind if the stadium is called Nike Dome.
    Then you don't mind about our history and tradition either.

Why don't we just change our team's name then.

"Nikentus Torino - winner of 26 Scudetti" :yuck:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++

Then you don't mind about our history and tradition either.

Why don't we just change our team's name then.

"Nikentus Torino - winner of 26 Scudetti" :yuck:
    smart-a$$ :D

I think Delle Alpi is the best name....but i wouldn't mind calling it "Stadio Agnelli" as Tecchincally, it is going to be completely different.

Nike Dome - NO way!!!! that just sucks.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)