Split: Installing OSeseses (dang grammar) (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
About that, let me tell you a beautiful story.. :D A few weeks ago I was craving CM so much that I decided to install XP on my laptop afterall. Made a small partition for it. Of course I needed my normal environment back and since you can't install XP as easy as other OSes, I wiped the drive (XP install wouldn't start cause it couldn't figure out my partition table) and reinstalled. Then I wanted to restore my Gentoo install. No problem, made a partition, extracted my full system backup from one tar archive, fixed the MBR, all set. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
You make changing operating systems seem so easy. I never got around to that linux install I was asking you about a couple weeks ago mostly because I didn't have any good bruning software to make a CD with. I did just um...find my Nero product key so maybe I'll give it a go later this week.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    It's trivial if you have a livecd, which many distros now offer. Otherwise you need a partition, which really isn't a big deal and many distro installers will resize your existing win partitions too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)