[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (39 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's called doping. We all know it's been happening in Spain for years. They hushed up the links to the major Spanish football clubs in the cycling doping scandal... Obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

Scoring goals in a 4+ goal blowout against a cellar team with less than 10 minutes shouldn't be anything but embarrassing for someone like Messi or Ronaldo. The epitome of Classless.

If you can't see that, it's you who needs to take a break from posting.

And as I said, in the past players had a way of dealing with it, but football is basically a pussy sport now, and massive suspensions would occur of someone hard tackled one of these divas to send a message. Maybe you aren't old enough to have watched football played by real men, but what I'm saying isn't news, it's exactly how the game was played.
Doping really :D So its not that our understanding of the body and our ability to optimize it have improved? Its not that the pitch is better and the shoes are better and the training and healing methods are better?

Also whats wrong with humiliating your opponents? If you can do it then you should do it. Any by the way Messi gave Neymar his penalty because he had a bad game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Doping really :D So its not that our understanding of the body and our ability to optimize it have improved? Its not that the pitch is better and the shoes are better and the training and healing methods are better?

Also whats wrong with humiliating your opponents? If you can do it then you should do it. Any by the way Messi gave Neymar his penalty because he had a bad game.
It's called sportsmanship, a rather important concept... apparently you've never heard of it. Either your playing the fool, your clueless, or your just as classless as these clowns. It's one thing to humiliate a team that's on a level playing field. In a Clasico for example. But to be pressing for goals with Messi-Suarez-Neymar up 5-0 at 80 minutes against fucking Cordoba, is just so classless it's unbelievable that I'm having to spell it out for you.

Neymar and Suarez probably cost more than Cordoba's entire history of transfers. Yes, let's run the score up on our opponents because we can afford superstars and they can't.

Fuck, I wish football was still played like it was in the 80s and 90s, where running the score up against clearly outmatched opponents would lead to some brutal tackles on players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc. IE. If we can't stop you and you're intent on trying to humiliate us, you're going to have to earn the right with a bit of pain. And then their coaches would learn to sub them off. Now, a hard tackle will just get a straight red card, and a big suspension for going after the golden boys. What a joke.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
It's called sportsmanship, a rather important concept... apparently you've never heard of it. Either your playing the fool, your clueless, or your just as classless as these clowns. It's one thing to humiliate a team that's on a level playing field. In a Clasico for example. But to be pressing for goals with Messi-Suarez-Neymar up 5-0 at 80 minutes against $#@!ing Cordoba, is just so classless it's unbelievable that I'm having to spell it out for you.

Neymar and Suarez probably cost more than Cordoba's entire history of transfers. Yes, let's run the score up on our opponents because we can afford superstars and they can't.

$#@!, I wish football was still played like it was in the 80s and 90s, where running the score up against clearly outmatched opponents would lead to some brutal tackles on players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc. IE. If we can't stop you and you're intent on trying to humiliate us, you're going to have to earn the right with a bit of pain. And then their coaches would learn to sub them off. Now, a hard tackle will just get a straight red card, and a big suspension for going after the golden boys. What a joke.
I find your reasoning is quite unreasonable, with your logic, overlapping in racing or athletics should be forbidden, or rather as you put it, called as classless or unsportive... and yet i've never heard such a thing even from those who outclassed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He seems to think its something wrong with that football players play the game and score to their best abilities...
and he advocates for harming players who do that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a dangerous mix of nostalgia, bias and irrationality makes some people's views here really appalling. It seems to be the cool thing to do these days, try and find ways to discredit the two freaks of nature Ronaldo and Messi, and longing for the days of hooliganism and violence on football pitches.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's called sportsmanship, a rather important concept... apparently you've never heard of it. Either your playing the fool, your clueless, or your just as classless as these clowns. It's one thing to humiliate a team that's on a level playing field. In a Clasico for example. But to be pressing for goals with Messi-Suarez-Neymar up 5-0 at 80 minutes against $#@!ing Cordoba, is just so classless it's unbelievable that I'm having to spell it out for you.

$#@!, I wish football was still played like it was in the 80s and 90s, where running the score up against clearly outmatched opponents would lead to some brutal tackles on players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc. IE. If we can't stop you and you're intent on trying to humiliate us, you're going to have to earn the right with a bit of pain. And then their coaches would learn to sub them off. Now, a hard tackle will just get a straight red card, and a big suspension for going after the golden boys. What a joke.
What you are arguing for is the joke. They are two teams playing in the same league. This is not even a friendly game. There is no reason why Madrid and Barca should not show case their weapons. Your club becomes more feared, your fans are entertained and your players express their full abilities and they feel more confident. Your players also get to have better stats which matters a lot. I don't understand the kindergarden mentality you are advocating. Let's play football without counting the goals so that the losers' feelings don't get hurt.

And how on earth are you against bans to players who intentionally injure other players. You talk about sportsmanship and you support Vinny Jones kind of behaviour in the sport. If Nadal humiliates some unknown Tennis player in the US open or something, you'd support that unknown player breaking Nadal's leg? We might as well sign mike tyson as our defender and let him punch all the players that make him look bad.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Also what happens if the league gets decided by goal difference? What then? Would it have been worth it not to hurt the feelings of the smaller teams.

Fact of the matter is, stat padding or not, there is no reason why teams should not try to win by the largest margin possible. If you're good enough, stop them, if not then that's football, there are always differences in abilities. But to advocate hurting people is a fucking joke.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Give it a fucking break Fred and Hist. I haven't once said "intentionally injure" someone. Morons.

There's a massive difference between a "hard/brutal tackle" and "intentionally injuring". I'm advocating against lame rules that make blow-outs like these common-place in an absurdly unbalanced league like La Liga. You can't go in on a hard tackle anymore without getting carded. The rules have changed to favour attacking players, and to favour higher scoring, offense-oriented football. And to limit defenders and their ability to play a physical game against top attackers.

So now these 500mil teams don't even have to worry about the smaller teams playing a physical game against them, because it's against the rules. Hence, the ease with which teams like Barca, Madrid, etc blowout minnows, which was a much rarer occurrence 20 years ago.

Yes, let's watch these star players get treated like divas, and stand aside, even usher them into the box to score, for those 8-0 matches sure are entertaining.

It's retards like you who think Messi and/or Ronaldo would dominate like this in the 80s and 90s. They'd hardly be able to handle the physicality of the game. Nevermind the fact that Messi wouldn't have even become a pro-football player in all likelihood, as the rather expensive growth hormone therapy he had to undergo as a youth wasn't really around back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what happens if the league gets decided by goal difference? What then? Would it have been worth it not to hurt the feelings of the smaller teams.

Fact of the matter is, stat padding or not, there is no reason why teams should not try to win by the largest margin possible. If you're good enough, stop them, if not then that's football, there are always differences in abilities. But to advocate hurting people is a $#@!ing joke.
You're such an idiot it's unbelievable. Hard tackles=intentional injuring? A hard tackle is going to likely feel a little painful. There's a massive difference between a bruise from a hard tackle, and someone trying to studs up break your leg.

Go support your pathetic team and French football at your own retarded forum.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Give it a fucking break Fred and Hist. I haven't once said "intentionally injure" someone. Morons.

There's a massive difference between a "hard/brutal tackle" and "intentionally injuring". I'm advocating against lame rules that make blow-outs like these common-place in an absurdly unbalanced league like La Liga. You can't go in on a hard tackle anymore without getting carded. The rules have changed to favour attacking players, and to favour higher scoring, offense-oriented football. And to limit defenders and their ability to play a physical game against top attackers.

So now these 500mil teams don't even have to worry about the smaller teams playing a physical game against them, because it's against the rules. Hence, the ease with which teams like Barca, Madrid, etc blowout minnows, which was a much rarer occurrence 20 years ago.

Yes, let's watch these star players get treated like divas, and stand aside, even usher them into the box to score, for those 8-0 matches sure are entertaining.

It's retards like you who think Messi and/or Ronaldo would dominate like this in the 80s and 90s. They'd hardly be able to handle the physicality of the game. Nevermind the fact that Messi wouldn't have even become a pro-football player in all likelihood, as the rather expensive growth hormone therapy he had to undergo as a youth wasn't really around back then.

- - - Updated - - -

You're such an idiot it's unbelievable. Hard tackles=intentional injuring? A hard tackle is going to likely feel a little painful. There's a massive difference between a bruise from a hard tackle, and someone trying to studs up break your leg.

Grow up.

and if you're going to argue semantics, then I said that you are advocating "hurting players", which is exactly what you said. It's a good thing that football is stamping out hard tackles, advocating bringing those days back is nothing short of irrational nostalgia getting ahead of you.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Grow up.

and if you're going to argue semantics, then I said that you are advocating "hurting players", which is exactly what you said. It's a good thing that football is stamping out hard tackles, advocating bringing those days back is nothing short of irrational nostalgia getting ahead of you.
Yes, instead let's advocate no hard tackles in football. No sliding tackles for sure. In fact, let's just take it to the logical conclusion of no tackles at all. We can watch ballet on the pitch. A few Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar types prancing about the pitch, untouchable.

This likely mirrors your philosophy in life, rich boy. Wouldn't want to scuff up those fancy shoes doing a day of real work. Leave that to the slaves.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
It's okay if you keep pushing for goals against an already beaten up minnow. But fuck La Liga refs, physicality is part of the game and that's how you battle skilled players like Messi and CR7.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, instead let's advocate no hard tackles in football. No sliding tackles for sure. In fact, let's just take it to the logical conclusion of no tackles at all. We can watch ballet on the pitch. A few Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar types prancing about the pitch, untouchable.

This likely mirrors your philosophy in life, rich boy. Wouldn't want to scuff up those fancy shoes doing a day of real work. Leave that to the slaves.
WTF man :lol: :lol:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Give it a $#@!ing break Fred and Hist. I haven't once said "intentionally injure" someone. Morons.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know why Hard Tackles are punished with red cards. Because they cause injuries.

A defender's job is to get the ball not the player. Any ape can just keep tackling his opponent without getting the ball. If you get the player then it is a foul. If you intentionally got the player to stop the attack then you get a yellow card. If you risked the player's safety you get a red card. This makes sense. Letting defenders kick attackers and not get the ball is not football.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Bottom line is, Messi's Ronaldo's & Co. stat's are exaggerated by such games, where the goals virtually don't matter anymore. Yes, they're still the best players out there, owing to a large part to their consistency over so many years, but their goal stats make them seem much better than they really are.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Bottom line is, Messi's Ronaldo's & Co. stat's are exaggerated by such games, where the goals virtually don't matter anymore. Yes, they're still the best players out there, owing to a large part to their consistency over so many years, but their goal stats make them seem much better than they really are.
Again if it was so easy to score hatricks in such games, then why haven't anyone else been able to do the same? Who shows the alleged 'respect'? These very same players have amazing stats in the CL too where there are no such games, how would you explain that away? The DelPieros, Henrys Ronaldos and Rauls did not score a load of goals every game because they could not. When Ronaldo was young at barca and had the fitness for it her did it. When his body couldnt take it anymore he started doing it less.

Consider this scenario
You have a player who will keep scoring and creating for 90 minutes every game in all competitions and another player who would be satsfied with scoring once and cannot keep up his performance levels throughout the 90 min. Assume the talent is equal just the fitness and mentalities are different. Which one do you prefer?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
That wasn't my point.

What I was getting at was that many of the goals those two score don't really have any tangible benefit for their clubs, bar padding goal difference, which matters in 5% of cases at most.

It's difficult to put this in a way that's not too negative, and I reiterate, Messi & Ronaldo are undoubtedly the best attacking players today and have been for many years. But their goal tallies do exaggerate their impact.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's called doping. We all know it's been happening in Spain for years. They hushed up the links to the major Spanish football clubs in the cycling doping scandal... Obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

Scoring goals in a 4+ goal blowout against a cellar team with less than 10 minutes shouldn't be anything but embarrassing for someone like Messi or Ronaldo. The epitome of Classless.

If you can't see that, it's you who needs to take a break from posting.

And as I said, in the past players had a way of dealing with it, but football is basically a pussy sport now, and massive suspensions would occur of someone hard tackled one of these divas to send a message. Maybe you aren't old enough to have watched football played by real men, but what I'm saying isn't news, it's exactly how the game was played.
You are advocating that players should not bother doing their best and stop scoring like these games are friendlies (football is for entertainment, shocker I know...) . While romantizing past butchers and how you want thugs to kick the shit out of skillful masters of the game as it was in the past. Frankly ridiculous. It's one thing to state the reality of back then and now, totally another to wish violent thuggery is brought back as a way to stop actual ballers.

And oh drop the fucking attitude dude and get off your high horse, it's pathetic you think you are speaking some kind of gospel, the obnoxious arrogance is coated in every word the more you post...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That wasn't my point.

What I was getting at was that many of the goals those two score don't really have any tangible benefit for their clubs, bar padding goal difference, which matters in 5% of cases at most.

It's difficult to put this in a way that's not too negative, and I reiterate, Messi & Ronaldo are undoubtedly the best attacking players today and have been for many years. But their goal tallies do exaggerate their impact.
It's basically about showing who is the best, it's their competitive drive, they do it because they can. They fully carry their teams and show it. CL too where they are going head to head for all time scorer. Plus if they weren't playing on same period I doubt either of them would score as frenetic. Ronaldo wouldn't need to cry about his teammates scoring instead of him lol.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not blaming them in any way for what they do. But you gotta take all the "luxury" goals into account when citing their goal stats.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's basically about showing who is the best, it's their competitive drive, they do it because they can. They fully carry their teams and show it. CL too where they are going head to head for all time scorer. Plus if they weren't playing on same period I doubt either of them would score as frenetic. Ronaldo wouldn't need to cry about his teammates scoring instead of him lol.
Ya I think the fact that they're in the same era definitely plays a huge role. You can see how driven both of them are by having each other's competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)