[SPA] La Liga 2010/2011 (5 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph Andrew.

Pep agrees to a contract extension at Barca. Shame. I would like to see how he fares elsewhere.
Not as well, not even close probably. Only with Barca could he win the CL before he hit his 40's.

i dont buy it one second, DP invented a style no player had more flair and elegance than him, thierry was mostly pace and played against the nicky butts of the world
I suppose the word "talent" does differ from person to person so we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I totally get your point. To me, Del Piero's style is more clean and efficient and Henry's was more flamboyant and eye-catching. He did play in a league with shitty defending so that might have made him look better but I hope you see what I'm trying to get at.

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Late 90's. Henry at Arsenal has still shown more talent than DP ever has. Talent doesn't determine the better player though, the impact they have on the team does and that's why 'd ultimately pick DP.
you cannot compare epl with serie a if you take all the years dp played at juve...overall serie a and italy > epl and england. Plus the years he has been at juve almost equalise my age

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Henry more talented than Del Piero? :lol2: WTF? :lol2: Del Piero is right up there with the greatest ever when it comes to actual football talent. What nonsense. I wouldn't laugh so hard if someone chose Henry as a better player, he had things DP lacked so it comes to preference as they were different players anyway, but to say he had more talent? What a freaking ridiculous statement....like saying Amauri has a better goal instinct than Inzaghi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Respect Nick, at least your consistent with applying your standards, and btw i agree. You can listen to Andy talk all day long about how Henry used to score goals in a weak EPL, but if scoring goals is what matters to you, then justify how Henry has more CL goals and and more goals with the national team. I will concede though, that i definitely don't agree that Henry was more "talented". Henry's edge stems from his physical abilities, his pace, strength etc.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Respect Nick, at least your consistent with applying your standards, and btw i agree. You can listen to Andy talk all day long about how Henry used to score goals in a weak EPL, but if scoring goals is what matters to you, then justify how Henry has more CL goals and and more goals with the national team. I will concede though, that i definitely don't agree that Henry was more "talented". Henry's edge stems from his physical abilities, his pace, strength etc.
Well what do you expect with all the EPL hate?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Nick, It probably is, but in all cases, i think its pretty close, its perfectly reasonable to say DP is a better player than Henry, but whats not reasonable is to laugh at the idea of comparing the two, and to say that there is no argument that DP is better.

Well what do you expect with all the EPL hate?
True, i remember at the start of the season when Chelsea won a 2-3 games by a 5 goal margin, and everyone and his mother on these forums were sure Chelsea were going to win the EPL, i even remember some saying that the EPL was obviously worse than the Calcio. These kind of opinions are expected in a forum as big as Juventuz, but the problem is you have knowledgeable members like Alen coming out and saying that Tottenham are no better than the likes of Sampdoria and Napoli, he also expected Tottenham to not get past the first round.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

True, i remember at the start of the season when Chelsea won a 2-3 games by a 5 goal margin, and everyone and his mother on these forums were sure Chelsea were going to win the EPL, i even remember some saying that the EPL was obviously worse than the Calcio. These kind of opinions are expected in a forum as big as Juventuz, but the problem is you have knowledgeable members like Alen coming out and saying that Tottenham are no better than the likes of Sampdoria and Napoli, he also expected Tottenham to not get past the first round.
I don't believe that! :shocked:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
My memory is not always very trustworthy, and he may correct me if i'm wrong here, but i think he did say that after United, Chelsea and Arsenal, the other EPL teams including Tottenham were not better than the Napoli's, Sampdoria's and Palermo's. This was at the very start of the season, before Tottenham beat Inter Milan, needless to say, i think he changed his mind now :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The discussion was about mid-table teams in England vs mid-table teams in Italy, or to be more exact, Europa League teams in England vs Europa League teams in Italy. It was about the Everton's and Aston Villa's, but you sneaked Tottenham in the discussion :(
And I did expect them to struggle in CL but they were lucky with Inter's 10000 injuries and Werder's worst form in the last decade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)