[SPA] La Liga 2010/2011 (64 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Don't think so, he's too good for that. I think Villa is simply replacing Henry. But if they sign someone to replace Henry then Zlatan should starting thinking about the future.
They won't achieve much with this. They'll be playing Villa and Zlatan out of their position. In the end they will have a star packed attack, but it won't be efficient.
Villa is a striker. It will be foolish to play him on the side of a three man attack. Zlatan is a support striker. Barca tried to make him a target man, even though in 28 years he was never a target man.
If they play Villa-Zlatan-Messi, then they are shooting themselves in the foot. Almost as Brasil's star packed 4-2-2-2 at WC 2006 or Real Madrid after Makelele, when they ignored the defensive aspect of the midfield and they put everything on attacking players that don't defend.

If Barca want marketing, then yes, Villa-Zlatan-Messi is the way to go, but if they want success too, then they shouldn't experiment.
Barca won't play with 2 strikers and Zlatan can never be a support striker in a team that has Messi in it too.
Zlatan's best choice is to leave.

Preferably to Juventus :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I would say Zlatan to Arsenal, if Fabregas goes to Barcelona, but Arsenal already signed Chamakh and Wenger isnt used to buy big guns like Zlatan.

Beside the obvious, they have already Bendtner :howler:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Seeing how things are going in La liga, i hope Juve wont end up like Valencia has. The signs are clearly there though. From a league winner and CL finalist, to a CL participant, to a EL participant, to a team who just jogs on in La Liga.

And they also used to have Ranieri.

One of the reasons Valencia has become now a selling club is because they cant win anything anymore.

The only difference is that in Serie A, there is only Inter. Not 2 big fishes. And the rest of the leage is more balanced. But if we dont get our s--t together, we will loose our name in europe elite and therefore find it even harder to compete in europe. We ARE already becoming a regular EL team :scared:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Seeing how things are going in La liga, i hope Juve wont end up like Valencia has. The signs are clearly there though. From a league winner and CL finalist, to a CL participant, to a EL participant, to a team who just jogs on in La Liga.

And they also used to have Ranieri.

One of the reasons Valencia has become now a selling club is because they cant win anything anymore.

The only difference is that in Serie A, there is only Inter. Not 2 big fishes. And the rest of the leage is more balanced. But if we dont get our s--t together, we will loose our name in europe elite and therefore find it even harder to compete in europe. We ARE already becoming a regular EL team :scared:

Valencia are in huge debt, were not. This mercato will see us sign some very good players.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yes, because good players want to play in EL? I think we will just sign some players Del Neri has worked with, or who Marotta fancies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Different case, cause Villa been at Valencia for 5 years. Though i find it a bit odd, a player of his caliber deserves better.
If you can offer a player good wages he'll come mate, were not going to be signing the Worlds Best but we will still sign some quality players.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I think if Mourinho goes to Real, Barca will f--k up all this attack they have. They are loosing the balance of their team.
:agree:

---Alves-----Puyol-----------Pique-----Abidal

----------------------Busquets

---------------Xavi-------------Cesc

----------Messi----------Villa---------Iniesta

They have three defenders and one DM, while others are not so good at the defending.

May 22, 2007
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Villa.

Zlatan and Yaya most probably.

----------------------Busquets

---------------Xavi-------------Cesc

----------Messi----------Villa---------Iniesta

On paper it looks really strong, but fitting Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc together will be tough.
They should do this and sell Zlatan. A simple midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc would be hilarious though, I hope they do this.

They won't achieve much with this. They'll be playing Villa and Zlatan out of their position. In the end they will have a star packed attack, but it won't be efficient.
Villa is a striker. It will be foolish to play him on the side of a three man attack.
You're too Juventus 2010 minded. Barça aren't a rigid team where every player has to stay in the same place. Villa will be allowed to cut in because he has the pace and physicality to succeed at it, on top of being the worlds best forward. It will be like how Henry did last season, but not with a player who is in a decline. Maxwell (or whoever) will be hugging the touchline anyway, and having Cesc and Xavi behind him would make his job easy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If anything, Zlatan will either be placed out left or sit on the bench while Villa will lead the attack through the middle. Exactly the player they needed in attack... an out and out finisher.

May 22, 2007
If anything, Zlatan will either be placed out left or sit on the bench while Villa will lead the attack through the middle. Exactly the player they needed in attack... an out and out, mobile, finisher.
Added a bit in here.

This season has proven that Zlatan is by no means a 'proper' target man figure which they were hoping for. They're better off with an Eto'o sort of player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fuck this isn't good for anyone, Villa combining with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Even if Mourinho came to Real they'd beat him home and away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)