[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Kaka's statistics don't look bad this season, yet he has been labeled a flop by Real fans themselves.
Actually, I disagree with this. Kaka was always scoring a lot and assisting even more. This year he's not doing any of that. 8 goals and 7 assists on 27 matches (all competitions) isn't too bad, but for a Kaka caliber it's pretty bad, considering how some serie A players he always put in his shadow (like Hamsik, for example) are now having better stats than him.

In his last 4 years with Milan, Kaka was scoring 19, 18, 19, 16 goals respectively and he was making minimum 15 assists. In Real not only that he's playing average but also his stats are very average.

Zlatan on the other hand, at least statistically, is not worse than he was in Inter (remember that Barca has 11-14 more matches to play this year).
Compare him with Eto'o. Zlatan is still having more or less the same numbers, but Eto's numbers have been drastically lower than last year.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Do you watch a lot of Barca games Alen? Do you get it on TV?
Sure.
And I completely agree that he fucks up the flow of Barca's actions way too many times, but I'll never blame a rookie for that. That's why I'm not even counting that. Henry had a similar problem, didn't he? Barca is a machinery. Most of those players started with the youth school and they're breathing that kind of football. Can you imagine how tough it is for an outsider who never played the game that way, to gel there?

You say that any striker must have great numbers with this Barca, but I see it differently and I have in mind what I said above. That it's not necessarily an advantage to play as a striker for Barca if it's your rookie year there. It's actually making it even tougher for the striker.
But Zlatan still having so solid numbers (29 goals+assists FFS and still more than a 1/4 of the season left) despite all those complications is imo making it a very solid season for him so far.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eto'o was always going to suffer moving from quality service like he got at Barca to the service he gets at Inter.

Zlatan statistic wise hasn't been that bad, at least in comparison to his statistics at Inter. But thats not the right comparison to make, he is now at a new league with a different approach to the game. He should be scoring more. If we look at who the best strikers in the Liga this season, i'd say that Higuain, Ronaldo, Villa and arguably Forlan have all been better than Zlatan in the league. Now i am sure that Zlatan is at least as good as if not better than all the players on that list barring Ronaldo. So if he's playing so well, why is he behind those players?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sure.
And I completely agree that he fucks up the flow of Barca's actions way too many times, but I'll never blame a rookie for that. That's why I'm not even counting that. Henry had a similar problem, didn't he? Barca is a machinery. Most of those players started with the youth school and they're breathing that kind of football. Can you imagine how tough it is for an outsider who never played the game that way, to gel there?

You say that any striker must have great numbers with this Barca, but I see it differently and I have in mind what I said above. That it's not necessarily an advantage to play as a striker for Barca if it's your rookie year there. It's actually making it even tougher for the striker.
But Zlatan still having so solid numbers (29 goals+assists FFS and still more than a 1/4 of the season left) despite all those complications is imo making it a very solid season for him so far.
Henry did have problems, but he adapted much faster than Zlatan did. Eto'o didn't need any time at all to adapt, he was on fire from the very first season. Same for Larrson.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Henry did have problems, but he adapted much faster than Zlatan did.
Hmm, I'm not sure. I think Henry had a really bad first year, especially for his standards. Only in his second year we saw much better football from him. I remember well how he even wanted to leave Barca at the end of the season, because he was disappointed. If Dinho didn't leave, Henry was gonna move. But Henry can be excused because he was played in a completely unfamiliar role to him.

Eto'o didn't need any time at all to adapt, he was on fire from the very first season.
It was a very different Barca in 2004 though, not playing the same football this Barca plays, and Eto'o wasn't moving from a different country. He played in Spain for 7 years already before he moved to Barca. A fair comparison will be Eto's move to Italy.

Same for Larrson.
Nah, hard to use him here. He was a bench player in his first season and he already had a (very bad) full season in Barca and the whole summer, before his good 2005/06 season. Larsson scored only 3 goals in his first season in Barca. That's hardly something to take into consideration in this discussion.

Also, no-one notes how Zlatan is playing out of his position. He was never a target man and he's deployed as one in Barcelona. It's just like Henry who was played on the wing in his bad season.
In Juve language....It's almost as playing Del Piero as a target man and Trez as a support striker.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hmm, I'm not sure. I think Henry had a really bad first year, especially for his standards. Only in his second year we saw much better football from him. I remember well how he even wanted to leave Barca at the end of the season, because he was disappointed. If Dinho didn't leave, Henry was gonna move. But Henry can be excused because he was played in a completely unfamiliar role to him.

It was a very different Barca in 2004 though, not playing the same football this Barca plays, and Eto'o wasn't moving from a different country. He played in Spain for 7 years already before he moved to Barca. A fair comparison will be Eto's move to Italy.

Nah, hard to use him here. He was a bench player in his first season and he already had a (very bad) full season in Barca and the whole summer, before his good 2005/06 season. Larsson scored only 3 goals in his first season in Barca. That's hardly something to take into consideration in this discussion.

Also, no-one notes how Zlatan is playing out of his position. He was never a target man and he's deployed as one in Barcelona. It's just like Henry who was played on the wing in his bad season.
In Juve language....It's almost as playing Del Piero as a target man and Trez as a support striker.

For Henry, i wasn't trying to argue that he had a better first season than Zlatan, i meant he adapted faster, even though he was poor in his first season, Thierry didn't upset the flow of Barca's attacks like Zlatan does now.

But i do agree that the role is completely new to Zlatan, its completely Guardiola's fault, anyone who watches Zlatan regularly knows he isn't a target man/poacher.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

FC Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

LA Liga Season 2009-2010 Day 30
Saturday April 3, 2010 19 GMT
Camp Nou

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal for Barcelona Jeffren 28
Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Barcelona by Bojan 40
Click Here for Video

Third Goal for Barcelona by Bojan 50
Click Here for Video

Fourth Goal for Barcelona by Messi 70
Click Here for Video

First Goal for Bilbaoby Susaeta 77
Click Here for Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Bilbao
Click Here for Video

First Half Highlights : Barcelona 4-1 Athletic Bilbao
Click Here for Video

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Eto'o was always going to suffer moving from quality service like he got at Barca to the service he gets at Inter.

Zlatan statistic wise hasn't been that bad, at least in comparison to his statistics at Inter. But thats not the right comparison to make, he is now at a new league with a different approach to the game. He should be scoring more. If we look at who the best strikers in the Liga this season, i'd say that Higuain, Ronaldo, Villa and arguably Forlan have all been better than Zlatan in the league. Now i am sure that Zlatan is at least as good as if not better than all the players on that list barring Ronaldo. So if he's playing so well, why is he behind those players?
Maybe because he's playing in a position that he never played in before (target striker). He's playing at the last line in his team that definitely didn't help. You remember last season when mourinho tried to play Ibra in that position with Inter for a couple of games but things didn't work out and he returned back to playing with 2 attackers up front (same problem here).

As for the comparison with the attackers that you've mentioned he's 3 goals short of david villa but has more assists than him, infact he has more assists than all the attackers that you've mentioned except Messi who is both top goalscorer and top assist in la liga.

"Marca" the other day had a stats which showed that Ibra was the 2nd most influential player in Barca this season. Because of his direct contribution to the team they've managed to collect 26 points this season !

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maybe because he's playing in a position that he never played in before (target striker). He's playing at the last line in his team that definitely didn't help. You remember last season when mourinho tried to play Ibra in that position with Inter for a couple of games but things didn't work out and he returned back to playing with 2 attackers up front (same problem here).

As for the comparison with the attackers that you've mentioned he's 3 goals short of david villa but has more assists than him, infact he has more assists than all the attackers that you've mentioned except Messi who is both top goalscorer and top assist in la liga.

"Marca" the other day had a stats which showed that Ibra was the 2nd most influential player in Barca this season. Because of his direct contribution to the team they've managed to collect 26 points this season !
Yes the same statistic showed that Higuain has been the biggest contributor of points to his team. Using Marca's statistics we can derive that we were wasting our time talking about Messi and Ronaldo when in fact Higuain is the best in the world :shifty:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Yes the same statistic showed that Higuain has been the biggest contributor of points to his team. Using Marca's statistics we can derive that we were wasting our time talking about Messi and Ronaldo when in fact Higuain is the best in the world :shifty:
I think you underrate the guy alot. He scored the winning goal in the classico this season, scored against stuttgart, arsenal and many other important goals for his team. All that even though the guy is not playing in his real position.

It's like asking del piero to play in trezeguet's position.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

Racing Santander VS Real Madrid

La Liga Season 2009-2010 Day 30
Sunday April 4, 2010 18 GMT
El Sardinero

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal for Real Madrid by Ronaldo (PK) 26
Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Real Madrid by Higuain 76
Click Here for Video

Extras

Guti hits the Bar 80
Click Here for Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Racing Santander 0-1 Real Madrid
Click Here for Video

Second Half Highlights : Racing Santander 0-2 Real Madrid
Click Here for Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)