[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Only if you forget how Messi got completely outplayed in both matches against Chelsea. Difference is that an Overbo was lacking for Real in the last night match.

Ya like Ronaldo ever had a good game against Chelsea. He almost never played well against them despite playing against them several times.

Messi completely toyed with them when they played 4 years ago, granted he was marked out of the game and completely neutralized last season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ronaldo is far from a choker, and the very last player to blame anything on, in any top team, let alone Real. He has 7 goals in CL doesnt he? That says enough.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ronaldo is far from a choker, and the very last player to blame anything on, in any top team, let alone Real. He has 7 goals in CL doesnt he? That says enough.
I agree, the term choker applied to him in the past imo. But in his last two seasons at United and add to it this season with Real he has gotten over his issues with big games and the CL. One poor half doesn't erase his performances in the whole tournament, and if you ask me, i believe he was by far the best player in the first round.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ya like Ronaldo ever had a good game against Chelsea. He almost never played well against them despite playing against them several times.

Messi completely toyed with them when they played 4 years ago, granted he was marked out of the game and completely neutralized last season.
It's really hard for you to get what I mean, isn't it :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's really hard for you to get what I mean, isn't it :D
No i got what you mean. You were saying that Messi too has had his fair share of big game fuck ups like Ronaldo. I don't agree though, Messi has scored a hattrick at the Bernabeu before, he has destroyed teams like Chelsea before, he regularly toys with Spanish big teams like Sevilla and Valencia, he has played very well against United a number of times including a CL final. If anything Messi is a big game player.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I agree. Messi is always shining against big teams but so is Ronaldo since the year he won the Ballon d'Or. To say that Messi is a better player because Ronaldo didn't manage to get Real through this round in the CL is not true because all Real lacked last night was Overbo :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree. Messi is always shining against big teams but so is Ronaldo since the year he won the Ballon d'Or. To say that Messi is a better player because Ronaldo didn't manage to get Real through this round in the CL is not true because all Real lacked last night was Overbo :D

I never said that, and i don't agree with it anyway. Like i said before one bad half does not erase the fact that he was the best in the CL in the first round.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Was Boumsong really given the task to take care of Ronaldo? :shocked:

I doubt he was. It'll be really surprising if he got that task. I'd expect a fullback to be given the marking job.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Was Boumsong really given the task to take care of Ronaldo? :shocked:

I doubt he was. It'll be really surprising if he got that task. I'd expect a fullback to be given the marking job.
He wasn't, Lyon did not man mark him anyway. Ronaldo played as a striker in that game, it looked like this(as it always does actually)

-----------------Alonso------

------Granero------------Lass

--------------------Kaka--

-------------Higuain---------Ronaldo

Sometimes when in possession Granero goes to the right hand side and Kaka goes to the left while Lass withdraws a bit. But primarily their team looks like the above.

So Ronaldo was playing directly against Cris and Boumsong for most of the game.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
If madrid directors want to build a serious team they should keep pellegrini for next season (even if they fail to win the league too).

There is soo much pressure in that club from the media/fans its unbelievable....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)