[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (5 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ronaldo played possibly his best ever game in Real colors. Well this along with the game against Marseille eariler on in the season. A fantastic free kick, along with 3 assists.

To be honest, Real Madrid are more convincing than Barcelona this season, if we're talking strictly about Liga games only. The way they brushed aside Villareal twice, Deportivo twice, A.Madrid at the Calderon and Valencia at the Mestalla. All those games with the possible exception of the Mestalla game, looked really easy for Real Madrid. The same cannot be said about Barca who struggled at the Mestalla, struggled at Deportivo and drew both games, while losing at the Calderon. They still have to go to Villareal and Seviilla, so it isn't getting easier for them too.

It has to be said that Real won the Deportivo game away, without Ronaldo, and they won the Mestalla game without both Ronaldo and Kaka. Personally i can't imagine Barca winning those two away games with Xavi and Messi missing. The difference in squad depth is obvious imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi just called Ronaldo and asked if he can take Ronaldo's boots.....to clean them.
Typical knee jerk reaction.

Its not like Messi didn't have games like Ronaldo's today. Credit where credit is due, Ronaldo had an inhumane game today, and was just unplayable, with the exception of Messi, no other player could have done what Ronaldo did today. Even Kaka can't even dream of a performance like Ronaldo's. But Messi has done it before this season. The Camp Nou game between Barcelona and Athletico(iirc) where Messi was absolutely terrorising Athletico's defense all day long and ended up scoring two good goals. I'd say that performance was at least equal to Ronaldo's performance today.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Barca are playing in the same league and they haven't been convincing in the CL either.
Thats true. They were at the very least equal to each other in the CL in the first knockout round.

Real have been very good this season, one of the best in Europe. It would be plain bias to deny that.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I can. I never said they are weaker now. But they will again suck in Europe.

I saw their great performances against Lyon though. And even if they go through they will show nothing there and a serious club will trash them once again.
Let's see. I hope they won't go further than Lyon though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I can. I never said they are weaker now. But they will again suck in Europe.

I saw their great performances against Lyon though. And even if they go through they will show nothing there and a serious club will trash them once again.
They do seem to "choke" it against the bigger European teams, even when they won the league two years ago. But beating the small teams is also an art. An art Real look like they've mastered it better than Barca this season.

We all know winning the league is all about beating the small teams. Just look at United in the EPL last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)