[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Yes, more complete.

Yet you see despite Zlatan being more complete, DP was the better player at his prime without a doubt.

what i'm trying to say is, being a more complete player does not mean you are a better player.

I could name 80 more complete strikers than Inzaghi, but i can't name 10 that are better than him.
Again: in what way more complete?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Physcially stronger.

Better in the air

Faster.

Stronger shot.
No way Zlatan's faster than Ale in his prime :D

I'm a fan of Zlatan, but I don't think he's more complete than Ale in his prime.

Ale was faster, took better free kicks, had better vision, better passing, was a better goalscorer and more lethal in front of the goal and he was better in 3-4 more aspects. Both were great dribblers, Zlatan had stronger shot as you said and is better in the air.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
DP

better awareness of players around him

better free kick

better stamina

better passer

better looking
Ya, but the thing is Zlatan has these qualities too even though not as much as DP. Yet the qualities that i put forth, DP has none of them.

DP is not good in the air, he is not imposing physically and he is far from being a pacy player.

Despite that, his technical superiority over Zlatan makes the difference between the two players.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No way Zlatan's faster than Ale in his prime :D

I'm a fan of Zlatan, but I don't think he's more complete than Ale in his prime.

Ale was faster, took better free kicks, had better vision, was a better goalscorer and more lethal in front of the goal and he was better in 3-4 more aspects. Both were great dribblers, Zlatan had stronger shot as you said and is better in the air.
Zlatan is actually very fast, he doesn't always show it. But sometimes when he goes for the 20-30M sprint he shows that he actually is really fast. I thought you of all people would have noticed that.

Look at my post above, Zlatan has a little of everything. He doesnt take free kicks as good as DP, but he has good free kicks, he isn't as good as DP technically, but he is still a technically accomplished player, he isn't as good as DP as a finisher but he's a really good finisher.

DP is poor in the air and he is not physically imposing.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Physcially stronger.

Better in the air

Faster.

Stronger shot.
Zlatan is physically stronger which naturally makes him better in the air, I'll give you that. He's not a fast player so you can't even use that as an advantage for him. I also bet you haven't watched enough of Del Piero while being too young but you can watch some vids of him and you'll see that he was actually a very fast player before that injury. Del Piero is by far the better passer, with better and more accurate shots, better freekicks, better vision. He is way more versatile and he is also using his left foot much much better than Zlatan is. Alex is by far the more complete player. He's actually one of the most complete strikers.

Not in this case of course, but I generally agree that being a more complete player doesn't make you the better player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Zlatan is physically stronger which naturally makes him better in the air, I'll give you that. He's not a fast player so you can't even use that as an advantage for him. I also bet you haven't watched enough Del Piero while being too young but you can watch some vids of him and you'll see that he was actually a very fast player before that injury. Del Piero is by far the better passer, with better shots, better freekicks, better vision. He is way more versatile and he is also using his left foot much much better than Zlatan is. Alex is by far the more complete player. He's actually one of the most complete strikers.

Not in this case of course, but I generally agree that being a more complete player doesn't make you a better player.
I rest my case then, that was the whole point intitally. Even though i don't agree with a lot of the above.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You really can't be serious here.
Look, we're getting in a whole new debate with this DP vs Zlatan argument. I brought it up to prove my point that being more complete does not equate being a better player.

A better example maybe would be Inzaghi, there are millions of strikers that are more complete than him, but very few that are actually better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)