[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Ibra: Italy is tougher than Spain

Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says it's harder to score in Italy even though he has found the net just once in his last nine games in Spain.

The 28-year-old Swede left Inter in the summer after five very successful years in Italy.

He finished Capocannoniere in his final season with the Nerazzurri, scoring 25 goals in 35 games in Serie A.

Speaking to El Periodico, Ibrahimovic said: “In Italy they give you three or four chances in one game and you have to be ready not to make a mistake.

“You can go 80 minutes without touching the ball, but you know that in the end a chance will arrive. And you can't miss it because they will judge you on that chance. For this reason, Italians hold strikers like Inzaghi and Trezeguet in high regard because they are people capable of scoring with only one goal scoring chance.”

Ibrahimovic then reflected on the differences between Italy and Spain.

“Here at Barca it seems like I have returned to the time I spent with Ajax. In Italy, they aren't interested in good football.

“They only need a 1-0. Nothing else counts other than the victory. And if someone thinks about playing good football, they tell you: “Yes, you have played well, but you haven't won anything, right?

“Good football doesn't count for anything to them. If you won 1-0 at Ajax then the fans would whistle you. 'How is it possible?' I asked myself. Because the people want good football. They want a spectacle.

“In Italy they wanted to imitate the Guardiola model, but it's not so easy. He thinks like a player. He is very active. He participates a lot in training. In the past I had Coaches who were more passive, people more used to commanding than explaining things.

“Pep is not a policeman who gives orders, a dictator who imposes duties. He is more of a professor who instructs. Capello, Mancini and Mourinho weren't so active. Capello and Mourinho explain things to you with a blackboard. Pep goes on the pitch. He was a great player and he knows what a footballer is thinking. He lives for football, 24 hours a day.”
FI

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good article.

I like Pep. The differences in coaching methods are quite interesting. But what would Pep be able to show the likes of Ibra, Messi and Xavi? They are already world class players.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nothing in terms of technique, but he could possibly demonstrate how he wants the team to move better by taking part than by using a blackboard.

May 22, 2007
Realmadrid.com

Real Madrid C.F. and Real Racing Club Santander have reached a deal for the transfer of player Sergio Canales Madrazo.

The contract will take effect as of 1 July 2010 and will keep Canales at Real Madrid for the next six seasons.
As expected. Great deal for them.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Everyone keeps talking about c.ronaldo and he's form with Madrid but Kaka is probably the main guy in that Madrid team (specially lately). Gave two really great assists today and was the guy lifting the Madrid team when Cristiano was suspended.

And people were saying Kaka is finnished as a player :howler:

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,668
    As much as I hate to say this but Cristiano is turning into something that hasn't been reachable before. The man knows the game.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,670
    No player has done on the pitch what C. Ronaldo has been doing for three years now. He forces you to admire his style whether you like him or not. Always in his top form, adapted to any situation and really make things look simple.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Everyone keeps talking about c.ronaldo and he's form with Madrid but Kaka is probably the main guy in that Madrid team (specially lately). Gave two really great assists today and was the guy lifting the Madrid team when Cristiano was suspended.

And people were saying Kaka is finnished as a player :howler:

I'm not sure what exactly you saw in Kaka today. He wasn't all that special and other than the two assists he made for Ronaldo he didn't do anything special in todays game. In fact i thought his performance left a lot to be desired today. If it weren't for his assists in the end of the game i would have said that Kaka played an ok game today.

It was Alonso once again pulling all the strings in midfield today and i'd say he was more central to Madrids play both today and in the past couple of months.

If anything Kaka is underachieving with Real so far. He certainly isn't that world class player he used to be at Milan, at least not yet*

* He does look like he's going to explode anytime soon though, as he's had a couple of really good games lately.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Found it really strange that anybody is saying Kaka is at his best this season. I'm not sure if i understood Only-Juve correctly, he might have been talking solely about this game(even in that case i disagree). Because Kaka has obviously been blowing hot and cold for Real. Had tons of mediocre games.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I was attacking Kaka so I guess some is addressed to me lol. I was saying he is nothing special now and the amount payed for him was too big. He is nothing compared to what he was from any point of the view.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    But to be completely fair to Kaka, its a new club and a new environment for him. So i wouldn't write him off just yet, he could explode any moment.

That being said, we can make future predictions over whether he'll be back to his best all day long, but fact of the matter is, he has underachieved up until now this season.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Found it really strange that anybody is saying Kaka is at his best this season. I'm not sure if i understood Only-Juve correctly, he might have been talking solely about this game(even in that case i disagree). Because Kaka has obviously been blowing hot and cold for Real. Had tons of mediocre games.
    Thats the thing really. Fans "in general" admire players who like to show off their skills, run all day long and have 7-8 shots on goal almost every game. To me i just admire players who give that killer assist, or finnish off games with a shot or two even if they seem to be quiet or not dangerous in 90 minutes.

It's just a taste thing i guess and Kaka falls in that category. By the way, giovinco is a similar type of player to Kaka in that sence thats why i rate him high too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)