[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (26 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Indeed, and that was a sick goal, the way he controlled that ball and completely lost his marker was amazing. It was really unfair to Higuain after the brilliant season he had last term, for Real to bring in Benzema and play him ahead of Higuain. But he was professional about it, and eventually got his place back and put Benz behind him in the pecking order.

Real's team as a whole has become a very compact team that is very good at passing the ball around, pressing teams high up the pitch and scoring a lot of goals. Pellegrini is a great manager and he's got Real playing the kind of football his Villareal team played, his 4-2-2-2 system with 2 central attacking midfielders instead of wingers has been a revelation at Real.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He deserves a starting spot in Argentinian NT over Tevez, Aguero and Milito.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Milito has been possibly the best striker in Serie A this season and one of Inter's best players if not the best. Tevez has been firing in all cylinders too lately for Man City, he even got the award for the best player in the Prem last month.

Higuain is unlucky to be playing for a nation that boasts such brilliant attacking talent, because for almost every other nation he would have been a sure starter.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think the Ibra-Eto'o swap was necessary for either team from a tactical point of view.
Perhaps, if you're talking strictly about Ibra and Eto'o.

But if you put it this way:

Ibrahimovic = €69 million
----------------------
Eto'o = €20 million
Milito = €16 million
Sneijder = €15 million
Thiago Motta = €9 million
Lucio = €7 million
Pandev's wages = €3.5 million

I'd say that this swap was very necessary for Inter.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What Inter needed the most, and it was obvious to everybody, was a link between the fighters in midfield and the attack. Without that link Zlatan had to do lots of the things alone and he was successfully doing it. Without such a link they were going to suffer this year (which could've been seen on the opening two matches of the season before they bought Sneijder and when they lost the Super cup to Lazio and played 1:1 at home with Bari).
Even without Sneijder it was going to be a strong team, capable of winning the scudetto in this piss poor serie A, but Milito and Eto'o were gonna suffer a lot and find themselves isolated most of the time. None of them has the qualities to do things all alone the way Zlatan was doing.

Sneijder's purchase changed everything and with him in the team, imo, strikers who run a lot, like Eto'o and Milito, are of bigger use to Inter than Zlatan would have been.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,653
    What Inter needed the most, and it was obvious to everybody, was a link between the fighters in midfield and the attack. Without that link Zlatan had to do lots of the things alone and he was successfully doing it. Without such a link they were going to suffer this year (which could've been seen on the opening two matches of the season before they bought Sneijder and when they lost the Super cup to Lazio and played 1:1 at home with Bari).
    Even without Sneijder it was going to be a strong team, capable of winning the scudetto in this piss poor serie A, but Milito and Eto'o were gonna suffer a lot and find themselves isolated most of the time. None of them has the qualities to do things all alone the way Zlatan was doing.

Sneijder's purchase changed everything and with him in the team, imo, strikers who run a lot, like Eto'o and Milito, are of bigger use to Inter than Zlatan would have been.
    You know you're pretty good when you give out statistics at times but in this situation you shouldn't try really. You depend too much on them to prove your point at times(which is not bad thing), but when you play your first couple of matches of the season you can always expect the worst/surprises and too many things. (Just like what happened with Guardiola when he first started at Barcelona)

Did Guardiola change anything at Barcelona when he was defeated and then drew in his 2nd match? Did it mean anything to him? Your example makes no sense I'm afraid Alen.

Milito and Eto'o are not Sneijder dependents. Not at all.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Milito and Eto'o are not Sneijder dependents. Not at all.
    I'm not talking about Sneijder only as a quality AMC. I'm talking about a link between the midfield and the attack. Someone who has good vision.
    For example, right now Pandev is playing instead of Sneijder and you can't see much difference.

What i'm saying is that there was a huge hole between the midfield and the attack in the previous years. There wasn't a player who could employ the strikers.

Did you watch Barca-Inter? Of course, Barca and Cagliari/Udinese/Napoli can't be compared, but on that match Inter played without a trequartista so Milito and Eto'o were completely isolated.
    Even in the poor serie A Inter found themselves without ideas lots of time so Zlatan had to save the day, all alone.

Do you seriously think that Eto'o and Milito are that kind of players?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That's a pretty steep price for Higuain. I like the player but that's almost like a Drogba amount for a transfer.

Sneijder should have been purchases from Ajax when we had the chance, which I was trying to promote back in the day. He's made for Serie A.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

Real Madrid vs Espanyol

La Liga 2009-2010 R21
    Feb 6, 2010 10:00 PM GMT
    Santiago Bernabéu

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal for Real Madrid by Ramos 5
    Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Real Madrid by Kaka 29
    Click Here for Video

Third Goal for Real Madrid 90
    Click Here for Video

Extras

Danger Header By Ramos Left to Goal 27
    Click Here for Video

Kaka hits the Post 60
    Click Here for Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Real Madrid 2-0 Espanyol
    Click Here for Video

Second Half Highlights : Real Madrid 3-0 Espanyol
    Click Here for Video

Full Match Highlights : Real Madrid Vs Espanyol
    Click Here for Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)