[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Why?

I have more respect for a team like ManU that also has a lot of own youth players and doesn't buy to buy.
You mean lazio, roma players and the brazilian kids that they've kidnapped from their "real" clubs.

Atleast Madrid are paying Huge sums to the clubs that they're getting their players from, united are stealing those kids from their clubs and not paying their clubs anything in return (or peanuts in some cases).

Personaly i don't like madrid but atleast i respect them more than United.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
You mean lazio, roma players and the brazilian kids that they've kidnapped from their "real" clubs.

Atleast Madrid are paying Huge sums to the clubs that they're getting their players from, united are stealing those kids from their clubs and not paying their clubs anything in return (or peanuts in some cases).

Personaly i don't like madrid but atleast i respect them more than United.
No, I mean players like Fletcher, Brown, O'Shea, Giggs, Beckham, G. Neville and so on instead of buying players with money they loan at the bank just to sell t-shirts..

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Wenger explains Real snub

Gunners boss plans to see out Gunners project until very end

Former Real Madrid target Arsene Wenger has revealed he chose to remain at Arsenal in order to continue his Gunners project until the 'ultimate end'.

The French coach was strongly linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu earlier this summer as part of president Florentino Perez's plans to overhaul the club.

However, Wenger, who took over in North London in 1996, stressed his commitment to Arsenal, where he has built a youthful and developing side.

Wenger respects Real's agenda to create a 'spectacle of football' but warned that too many additions during the transfer window could have an adverse effect.
Career

He said in the Daily Mirror: "What Real want to do is produce what I would call a spectacle of football, a spectacular team.

"But I believe that when it comes to creating a team and a squad there is another dimension that exists, and that is my way of thinking.

"I want to have success by building a team with a style, with a know-how, with a culture of play specific to the club and its fans and with young people.

"That is what I have chosen in my career and want to ensure I continue here at Arsenal.

Shocking

"I am in a construction project with a young team, but my intention is to take that project to the ultimate end. For me, pleasure comes from watching those players showing the football I like to see played.

"The sums we are talking about with Real can appear shocking.

"But they are the fruit of a calculation carried out by the investors in the club.

"I believe it is necessary to disregard moral judgement and to simply ask whether the operation will be profitable. In my opinion, to recruit more than three players in a transfer window, as Real plan, is taking a technical risk.

"You are entering a zone of uncertainty and if that kicks back at you, it can hurt."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5408762,00.html

Good news for you Fred but if Real got Wenger,im pretty sure Cesc would have followed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Cesc is Catalan. Wenger leaving Arsenal means Cesc leaving, but i doubt he'll ever play for Real. Especially that he stands a real chance of being a key member of the Barca squad in 2-3 years time.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Cesc is Catalan. Wenger leaving Arsenal means Cesc leaving, but i doubt he'll ever play for Real. Especially that he stands a real chance of being a key member of the Barca squad in 2-3 years time.
Don't think that wenger will ever leave arsenal unless when he retires. Both he and the club are really attached to one another.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Barca having Villa after this, will trump Real, even if the already do in quality. But Benzema is a fucking meance and amazing talent so watching La Liga will be fun :tup:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Good luck having all these new attacking players fitting in.

Real never learns. And I love that fact.
They signed Albiol and Arbeloa also on the way.
i'm sure Pellegrini will also ask for a new CB.

I know they do the "galactico" every year but....
I have to admit this year is just scary.

Kaka,Ronaldo,Benzema+few defenders and maybe Xabi...

unbeliveble...where the hell all the money is from?...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Good luck having all these new attacking players fitting in.

Real never learns. And I love that fact.
How much time will it take them? What do you think? Is August-February enough time for the attacking trio to gel well?

Because if it is, then they might lose lots of ground in La Liga until then, but they'll be ready on time for the CL knock-outs and that's what really counts for them. They won La Liga twice in a row in 2007 and 2008, but it's been a long time since they were competetive in the Ch. League.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How much time will it take them? What do you think? Is August-February enough time for the attacking trio to gel well?

Because if it is, then they might lose lots of ground in La Liga until then, but they'll be ready on time for the CL knock-outs and that's what really counts for them. They won La Liga twice in a row in 2007 and 2008, but it's been a long time since they were competetive in the Ch. League.
They may find their feet in the Fall, who knows. Perhaps they'll pull another first year Zidane year and win the Champions League right away, or they will not. But just take a look at this team.

Casillas

Ramos - Albiol - Pepe - Arbeloa

Xabi - L Diarra

Ronaldo - Kaka - Robben

Benzema

That's six new players in the starting lineup. That's just insane. I think it would be a miracle for this team to fully understand one another within a few months. Perhaps they don't need to fully gel and their skill will win out anyway, but I wouldn't put money on them being a great team during the first season.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Barca having Villa after this, will trump Real, even if the already do in quality. But Benzema is a fucking meance and amazing talent so watching La Liga will be fun :tup:
Not a fan of the premier league so atleast now i can enjoy watching la liga with all those players there :beer:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Messi, Etoo/Villa, Henry, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso(?), Ronaldo, Kaka, Robben and Benzema on the same pitch in the next El Classico.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I love it though, after spending 100 million for Ronaldo and about 70 million for Kaka they decide to bring in Benzema for 40 million just for fun. While we are still there hoping for Poulsen to sign for Fenerbahce so we can get the 5 million to sign a new player!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)