[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (7 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Spot on. I don't get the Messi or Ronaldo waggon at all. They both are plain unenjoyable players compared to the guys you mentioned.

What's sad, that it seems players tend to be more and more similar and physical machnies without creativity and joy for football.

That's why I love Vuci in our team, even though he is far from the players of the past generation skillwise or determination, but he has character, old time flair and loves to play with football, not just run with ball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, and the other team too. Zidane - Figo - Ronaldo.

You don't have any of these players anymore. Watching teams battle it out with such players :sheik:

Now you see such fake's and uninteresting players like Messi, just machines without character. Football have lost all the unique characters and it doesn't seem there will be a big influx of them in the near future...
100%

I don't know how so many fans are entertained with these machines, the top players nowadays without speed would be be dead with zero entertainment. Zidane, Figo, Del Piero, Rivaldo etc were such a show even when they lost speed acc. you'd enjoy every movement technique.
So true. Football just is not the same anymore, the type of natural talent you'd find in the past with players like Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Baggio, Del Piero, Totti, Bergkamp, Hagi etc, you just don't see that anymore, as physical ability has become more important.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Why is that though? You think that in the acadamies they changed something? Training methods, what they prefer from young age? Or the game moved on, where such players are no longer viable anymore? (though Naymar is showing otherwise) I mean there has to be a reason for it.

Because even countries like southa american ones which had loads of players like that, not all that talented but still, don't have them anymore it seems.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
100%

I don't know how so many fans are entertained with these machines, the top players nowadays without speed would be be dead with zero entertainment. Zidane, Figo, Del Piero, Rivaldo etc were such a show even when they lost speed acc. you'd enjoy every movement technique.
Wait what? You 2 agree? Omg the world really is comming to an end. 21th december is gonna happen :(

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I agree that football has changed but it's the case for all sport, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming ....Sportsman used to peak at the age of 26-30, now they peak at 21-24.

But saying Messi isn't enjoyable is craazy.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I agree that football has changed but it's the case for all sport, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming ....Sportsman used to peak at the age of 26-30, now they peak at 21-24.

Then I'm crazy.

I don't find his touch exiting. I find iniesta much more enjoyabe player. And to compare the machine to the football greats, like zidane, del piero, baggio, bergkamp, ronaldinhnio and the like he is just plain boring to me.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Why? Entertainment is as subjective as it gets.

I'm not entertained by Barcelona nor Messi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why is that though? You think that in the acadamies they changed something? Training methods, what they prefer from young age? I mean there has to be a reason for it.

Because even countries like southa american ones which had loads of players like that, not all that talented but still, don't have them anymore it seems.
I'm sure academies changed. Why have artists, when you can have super fit, effective and efficient machines ala Messi and C.Ronaldo. Do you notice how they play 90 minutes of every friggin game there is, gods sake Messi played against second division Cordoba yesterday, he played the full 90 minutes. He played in that meaningless game against Benfica in the CL, and he played the full 90 there too. Ronaldo is the same. They never rest, they never show signs of fatigue or tiredness, they keep playing and playing, and they keep producing. Players in the past were more artistic, more entertaining for people like us who did not grow up watching C.Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi playing, but instead watched players who might not have been world class athletes, but their technical ability carried them, ala Zidane, Baggio and co. Yet clubs would prefer the super fit player who would have no qualms playing 60 games a season over artistic players who are not as capable physically.

Brazil is a huge example of how football has changed. Brazilian players used to be artists, really skillful, fancy players. Now Brazil is more known for their centerbacks than their talents :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Messi is definitely enjoyable, i'm not like these biased people over here :D However comparing him to the "number 10's" of the past in terms of entertainment value, i think he comes a bit short(imho).

Of course all this is very subjective, but i personally enjoyed the likes of Zidane much more than i do Messi.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Then I'm crazy.

I don't find his touch exiting. I find iniesta much more enjoyabe player. And to compare the machine to the football greats, like zidane, del piero, baggio, bergkamp, ronaldinhnio and the like he is just plain boring to me.
I think doing what he does in regular basis the way he do it can make him boring.

Why? Entertainment is as subjective as it gets.

I'm not entertained by Barcelona nor Messi.
Yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Messi is definitely enjoyable, i'm not like these biased people over here :D However comparing him to the "number 10's" of the past in terms of entertainment value, i think he comes a bit short(imho).

Of course all this is very subjective, but i personally enjoyed the likes of Zidane much more than i do Messi.
Zidane is my favourite player of all time, but i just think Messi is as good or better and because he's doing what he does for a long time now and crushing every competition is gonna make him look boring.

Imo, it's hypocrite to enjoy someone like Vucinci who produces some magic once in half a season and hate someone like Messi.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm sure academies changed. Why have artists, when you can have super fit, effective and efficient machines ala Messi and C.Ronaldo. Do you notice how they play 90 minutes of every friggin game there is, gods sake Messi played against second division Cordoba yesterday, he played the full 90 minutes. He played in that meaningless game against Benfica in the CL, and he played the full 90 there too. Ronaldo is the same. They never rest, they never show signs of fatigue or tiredness, they keep playing and playing, and they keep producing. Players in the past were more artistic, more entertaining for people like us who did not grow up watching C.Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi playing, but instead watched players who might not have been world class athletes, but their technical ability carried them, ala Zidane, Baggio and co. Yet clubs would prefer the super fit player who would have no qualms playing 60 games a season over artistic players who are not as capable physically.

Brazil is a huge example of how football has changed. Brazilian players used to be artists, really skillful, fancy players. Now Brazil is more known for their centerbacks than their talents :shifty:
Good point. In that case the methods have changed in acadamies, where they want to build machines from the young age.

But what I don't get there are so little left of the wizards, because most of the great players had great determination and were strong characters, so why those players can't become better athletes is what's strange to me?(I'm sure that there still are loads of young plaers with natural ability, but somehow they don't end up making it to top level) Maybe the game on top level changed that they are no longer a viable reliable option to lead a team, don't know why would that be but still.

Anyway, I'm no fan of Neymar, because of all his hype and attitude and all his hairstyles. But it seems he likes to play with football and is of a different breed to those machines, so will be interested to see how his career evolves.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think doing what he does in regular basis the way he do it can make him boring.
Yes and that is it for me. At first he was exiting and enjoyable player for me, but after some time, you can't expect anything new from him, in an entertainment sense he is too one dimensional compared to Del Piero, Zidane or Ronaldinhio let say.

Keep in mind that I don't care a wee bit what he does and what he achieves, because he is not playing for Juve, so all that has no entertainment value for me.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Good point. In that case the methods have changed in acadamies, where they want to build machines from the young age.

But what I don't get there are so little left of the wizards, because most of the great players had great determination and were strong characters, so why those players can't become better athletes is what's strange to me?(I'm sure that there still are loads of young plaers with natural ability, but somehow they don't end up making it to top level) Maybe the game on top level changed that they are no longer a viable reliable option to lead a team, don't know why would that be but still.

Anyway, I'm no fan of Neymar, because of all his hype and attitude and all his hairstyles. But it seems he likes to play with football and is of a different breed to those machines, so will be interested to see how his career evolves.
I don't think those kind of players don't end up making it, i think their wizardry is being "coached out of them" and instead they're because of the increasing focus on physical abilities instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)