[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (32 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Then I'm crazy.

I don't find his touch exiting. I find iniesta much more enjoyabe player. And to compare the machine to the football greats, like zidane, del piero, baggio, bergkamp, ronaldinhnio and the like he is just plain boring to me.
Iniesta is very refreshing, despite what the anti-Barça/Spain brigade might say. Lovely ball control and he plays a lot more elegantly than a lot of modern players, very twisty-turny style he has. Gets himself out of corners well. He's enjoyable.

I'm so glad we have Pirlo taking over from Del Piero in the grace department, but who comes next? I don't think the club is that close to finding a new #10.

But what I don't get there are so little left of the wizards, because most of the great players had great determination and were strong characters, so why those players can't become better athletes is what's strange to me?(I'm sure that there still are loads of young plaers with natural ability, but somehow they don't end up making it to top level) Maybe the game on top level changed that they are no longer a viable reliable option to lead a team, don't know why would that be but still.
At youth levels, I suspect it's because the biggest most physically developed young boys get played the most so the system looks like it is churning out results to any higher ups, so they get more exposure to scouts and such. A lot of "wizards" might not get the same opportunity because they are 160cm, and would have to face up against giants like Pogba or Lukaku or the 100m sprinters such as Walcott.

Football is becoming an ever increasing test of endurance, and I'd be concerned by how nobody seems to be really noticing that more and more games are added just for financial reasons. Totally unfair on footballers and I think it reduces how much technical ability will be around in the game, in place of robots. I think Di Natale raised the point that it is getting stupid at how much everyone has to play, which is part of the reason why he threatened to retire.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Iniesta is very refreshing, despite what the anti-Barça/Spain brigade might say. Lovely ball control and he plays a lot more elegantly than a lot of modern players, very twisty-turny style he has. Gets himself out of corners well. He's enjoyable.

I'm so glad we have Pirlo taking over from Del Piero in the grace department, but who comes next? I don't think the club is that close to finding a new #10.

At youth levels, I suspect it's because the biggest most physically developed young boys get played the most so the system looks like it is churning out results to any higher ups, so they get more exposure to scouts and such. A lot of "wizards" might not get the same opportunity because they are 160cm, and would have to face up against giants like Pogba or Lukaku or the 100m sprinters such as Walcott.

Football is becoming an ever increasing test of endurance, and I'd be concerned by how nobody seems to be really noticing that more and more games are added just for financial reasons. Totally unfair on footballers and I think it reduces how much technical ability will be around in the game, in place of robots. I think Di Natale raised the point that it is getting stupid at how much everyone has to play, which is part of the reason why he threatened to retire.
:tup:

Yeah, I kond of agree with that, and think it's like this, but god damn it's so frustrating to hear people praise these athletes as super footballers.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

Exellent post , iniesta :heart:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Personally I find Ronadinho's peak form the best I've ever seen. However, that form lasted about a year and half or two years at most. Zidane, Ronaldo, DP, Figo etc... had very long careers delivering the goods at a very very high level. Ronnie had two magical years with barca but thats about it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Holy shit That was soooo close! Falcao hit the post with a header.

Seriously, that guy is the best striker in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn it Falcao. missed a 1 on 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)