[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (9 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Fuck you Sevilla, Fuck you Levante. I lost a multiplier bet of 11 separate bets on their game, all I bet on this game was that there would be more than 1.5 goals!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Interesting interview with Iniesta:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/09/andres-iniesta-barcelona-spain-interview

He doesn't get all preachy about playing style the way most Barca players do:

"It's not that now we are saying football is a science and playing this way you will always win. The other thing is that we play the way we do because it suits us. We don't have the players to pull it off playing a different way. People talk about 'pragmatic' football; well, for us, this is pragmatic. It's the way we like to play and it's the way we believe we have the best chance of winning.

"But the football that Spain and Barcelona play is not the only kind of football there is. Counterattacking football, for example, has just as much merit. The way Barcelona play and the way Spain play isn't the only way. Different styles make this such a wonderful sport. But what we do is not easy, either."

Also, he played injured in the CL Final in Rome, which meant he couldn't shoot with his right foot.

I'm sure other players have played with that kind of handicap, but Cruijff is the only other player I've heard speak about doing it. Cruijff had a groin problem, so the only way he could kick the ball without pain was to only kick it with the outside of his foot.

Got to be pretty good to play when inhibited like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)