[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (9 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm being serious this time. It might not be enjoyable to some of us (me included) but it was the best league this season.
Let's continue on the serious tone then, what determines a league being better than the other?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Let's continue on the serious tone then, what determines a league being better than the other?
In this case, Spanish team's complete superiority in European competitions for one. Athletic Bilbao, Atletico Madrid and Valencia were the three teams out of 4 in the Europa League. 2 of the 4 semi finalists in the CL were Spanish team.

So obviously teams like Bilbao, Valencia and A.Madrid aren't as weak as people make them out to be.

In addition to that, both the EPL and the Serie A have been low in quality this season, and the best teams in Italy and England have been quite poor in Europe.

But my main reason for saying that, is watching all 3 leagues and making a judgement, which obviously is down to nothing but observation. But then again, there really is no objective measure when it comes to football.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
In this case, Spanish team's complete superiority in European competitions for one. Athletic Bilbao, Atletico Madrid and Valencia were the three teams out of 4 in the Europa League. 2 of the 4 semi finalists in the CL were Spanish team.

So obviously teams like Bilbao, Valencia and A.Madrid aren't as weak as people make them out to be.

In addition to that, both the EPL and the Serie A have been low in quality this season, and the best teams in Italy and England have been quite poor in Europe.

But my main reason for saying that, is watching all 3 leagues and making a judgement, which obviously is down to nothing but observation. But then again, there really is no objective measure when it comes to football.
They got to the semi-finals of the EL not CL. You think Italian teams try in EL?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They got to the semi-finals of the EL not CL. You think Italian teams try in EL?
That is a washed up excuse, even Spanish teams and English teams play their second fiddle team in the first few rounds.

Italian teams don't do too well in the CL either, how do you explain that?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
That is a washed up excuse, even Spanish teams and English teams play their second fiddle team in the first few rounds.

Italian teams don't do too well in the CL either, how do you explain that?
Italy has 3 CL trophies since 2000, England the same, Germany & Portugal 1 and Spain 5 so I don't think you can say Italy doesn't do well in the CL.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Italy has 3 CL trophies since 2000, England the same, Germany & Portugal 1 and Spain 5 so I don't think you can say Italy doesn't do well in the CL.
I was talking about the more near future, but ya if you start counting from 2000, obviously the Serie was quite good then. It was after Calciopolli that the Serie started going through a steady decline.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My eyes, definitely.

To a lesser extent, two teams in the CL semis and two other in Europa League's final.
They have two top class teams, yes.

The two EL teams were mediocre in the league season, because that's what La Liga has a lot of, competitive mediocrity.

---------- Post added 23.05.2012 at 10:15 ----------

I was talking about the more near future, but ya if you start counting from 2000, obviously the Serie was quite good then. It was after Calciopolli that the Serie started going through a steady decline.
CL isn't a marker anyway. This year we saw the worst overall PL input into a CL for many years, yet one of their teams still won it, somehow. They finished 6th in the league, 25 points off 1st place. It's difficult to juggle two competitions, see point about EL.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They have two top class teams, yes.

The two EL teams were mediocre in the league season, because that's what La Liga has a lot of, competitive mediocrity.

---------- Post added 23.05.2012 at 10:15 ----------

CL isn't a marker anyway. This year we saw the worst overall PL input into a CL for many years, yet one of their teams still won it, somehow. They finished 6th in the league, 25 points off 1st place. It's difficult to juggle two competitions, see point about EL.
I generally look at the overall picture. I mean, ya a team from the EPL won it, but how did the rest of the PL teams do?

Arsenal qualified from the easiest group in the tournament, and then went on to lose 4-0 at the San Siro and were knocked out from round 2.

Chelsea did very well obviously, and won the thing.

United was third place in a group that was also one of the easiest groups in the CL, and City were knocked out from the first round

So all in all the EPL team's performance in the CL reflected the EPL's decline.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Thank you and good night.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I generally look at the overall picture. I mean, ya a team from the EPL won it, but how did the rest of the PL teams do?

Arsenal qualified from the easiest group in the tournament, and then went on to lose 4-0 at the San Siro and were knocked out from round 2.

Chelsea did very well obviously, and won the thing.

United was third place in a group that was also one of the easiest groups in the CL, and City were knocked out from the first round

So all in all the EPL team's performance in the CL reflected the EPL's decline.
read thsi http://www.just-football.com/2012/05/montpellier-champions-france-poor-conquer-rich-ligue-1/

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
none of these crappy leagues come close to serie A, real madrid and barcelona are 2 of the best teams in the world(thats what happens when you pump a billion into 2 teams), their inclusion in the tadjik league wont make it the best in the world now would it? id rather watch EPL than la liga, thats how crappy that league is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)