Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
according to the latest news all barca players will play except deco
while real will be without figo , samuel and guty , we will win 2-1:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
I dunno, but Raul says that he'll play ;)
i hope so , but i think owen will play instead of him , anyway both are crap and ronaldo did not score for a long time:D

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

i hope so , but i think owen will play instead of him , anyway both are crap and ronaldo did not score for a long time:D
Yea, I know :down:
But I hope we're play 4-2-3-1 with Owen as a lone striker.
and I guess Pavon will replace Samuel..:frown:

++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Good for them, their deffence sucked in the last match without Puyol....
Even if Puyol won't play, I don't think that's an advantage for us..

Can't belive you guys are still afraid of Madrid! :D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Barca web site:

Ronaldinho and Puyol are both named in Rijkaard's squad for Sunday's big game, as well as B team youngsters Damia and Rodri.

Ronaldinho and Puyol trained normally with the rest of the squad on Saturday morning and both seemed to have got over the injury and illness worries that had hung over them through the week, though Puyol will undergo a final check on his injured ankle on Sunday morning.

Absentees

Deco and Albertini are the only important absentees from the squad: the Italian has a calf injury that'll keep him out for a few more days yet and Deco is suspended, whilst full back Damia and central defender are added from the reserve team.

The full squad is: Giuly, Valdés, Márquez, Xavi, Gerard, Iniesta, Jorquera, Puyol, Sylvinho, Belletti, Oleguer, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Gio, Maxi, Fernando Navarro, Damià and Rodri.

:D

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Barca web site:

Ronaldinho and Puyol are both named in Rijkaard's squad for Sunday's big game, as well as B team youngsters Damia and Rodri.

Ronaldinho and Puyol trained normally with the rest of the squad on Saturday morning and both seemed to have got over the injury and illness worries that had hung over them through the week, though Puyol will undergo a final check on his injured ankle on Sunday morning.

Absentees

Deco and Albertini are the only important absentees from the squad: the Italian has a calf injury that'll keep him out for a few more days yet and Deco is suspended, whilst full back Damia and central defender are added from the reserve team.

The full squad is: Giuly, Valdés, Márquez, Xavi, Gerard, Iniesta, Jorquera, Puyol, Sylvinho, Belletti, Oleguer, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Gio, Maxi, Fernando Navarro, Damià and Rodri.

:D
Phew :cool:

Btw, I like Xavi Hernandez, he's my fav barca player ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
i hope ronaldinho plays, and barca spank the bleedin hell outta real madrid. that will teach them to use marca to tap up our players :devil:
exactly,that would be smooth:cheesy:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Michael Owen will start this weekend in the Derby, the Clásico, the biggest game in the world, the match of the decade, whatever you want to call it.

And no, that doesn't mean Raul will be on the bench. Figo is the man who will be sacrificed. The fixture needed a twist, something dramatic that would make it not just a game about pride but also determine the rest of the season.

We got a bit of that tension last weekend when Albacete played pretty football but an unconvincing Real Madrid still managed to beat them with a goal from Michael Owen, his 10th in La liga and the 13th in all competitions.

The same happened when Barcelona came from 1-3 behind at the Nou Camp to draw with a wonderful Betis. That result made this Sunday's game even more interesting as both teams are now separated by nine points.

But even so, the general view is that Barcelona has what it takes to get the point that will kill the championship race stone dead.

We are demanding something else, something that makes Barcelona scared, something that gets us all excited, mostly something that evens things out. Barcelona deserve to win La Liga, but we deserve a competitive Clásico.

Tactics-wise, Vanderlei Luxemburgo decided to try on Friday an untested line-up with Raul, whose injury had for once not worried the club too much, behind Owen and Ronaldo.

That can only mean one thing - Real Madrid will play counter-attack football despite being the home team.

It's an interesting decision and one that is an admission of weakness. Even if they beat Barcelona, who may have Ronaldinho missing - a disaster for all true football fans - Real will remain six points away from Barca.

They will be unable to win anything this season, but that will give them something to fight for and at least Florentino Perez, who has used almost all of his Galacticos this week for a show of unity, will be happy.

He has demanded that they do not repeat the humiliating end to last season.

Joaquin, Robinho and Reyes are still the names people prefer to talk about in the press, a suggestion of how bad this season has been for Real.

This week, too, Michael Owen and David Beckham have insisted to me that they are very willing to stay on despite all the rumours.

But they well know, especially in the case of Owen, that the club may think differently.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:LOL: Well I've come to the conclusion Barcelona doesn't have a defense. 2-0 down at the Bernabeu.

Defense wins Championships people, and Barca might concede it.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Real win 'El Classico' 4-2 and the gap now just 6 points. Do Real have a chance? No in my opinion. There is a reason Barcelona has gained such a lead and I still rate them as a better away side then Madrid which is where this title has been won. Next week the 'Galacticos' are away at Levante (who held Betis today) so I expect the lead to increase. Stealing the title would just paper over the evident cracks of this poor poor team that is Real Madrid.

Also I think Owen did little today really and this performance had nothing to do with Figo being on the bench.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Defense wins Championships people, and Barca might concede it.
Scoring more than your opponent wins championships. Some teams try to reach that goal by having a tight defense, other by scoring a ridiculously high number of goals. Barça tried it that way, but IMO failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)