[SP] La Liga 2004/05 (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
This is stupid. He will no longer be able to play for Brazil.

I would never ever give up my citizenship.

Ronaldo To Become Spanish Citizen
10/27/2004 3:50:00 PM
Real Madrid and Brazil super-star Ronaldo is set to become a Spanish citizen before the start of next season, reports Marca.
Spanish law allows Brazilian citizens with two years of residency in Spain to request citizenship.

Just a few years ago the years of residency required were five.

Once Ronaldo becomes a Spanish citizen the Merengues will be able to sign an additional non-European player.

Actually, the Madrid side might incredibly be able to open another two non-EU slots as also Roberto Carlos and Walter Samuel might take advantage of this new law and become Spanish citizens like ‘Il Fenomeno’.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm pretty sure he can still play for Brazil, otherwise I don't think he'd do this. Will he get dual citizenship or what?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
But I had more goals throughout my 3 yrs on varsity than you did, punk.
Considering you played striker and I played sweeper in our Senior year, who would of thought? :rolleyes:

Defense wins Championships buddy, which we did because of MY organization at the back. Well, and your goal against the Heights too I guess. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you sure about that ?
I thought FIFA has strengthened its policies towards passport changers. i don't see why Ronaldo should be an exception.

Not sure how it would work out if his citizenship was dual though.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #315
    Brilliant volley from Yeste to cancel out Eto'o's opener :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)