Soundtracks - magic of movie (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Tonight I was watching a movie "Cookie's fortune" and I had the same thought like some other 1000 times: music in movie is a power. It completes whole movie about new experiences, sometimes can also screw movie ;) but mostly it's beautiful thing.

Some music went down in history of movie: themes from: James Bond, Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, Godfather, Platoon, Love story, Indian Jones, and Police Academy :D - people can recognice them from the first tunes.

Some people who write music are legends: John Williams, James Horner, Hanz Zimmer, Bill Conti.

Sometmes music is much better them movie, like music from We were soldiers, written by Nick Glennie-Smith - absolutely beautiful.

Sometimes only theme is good, and all the rest is boring.

So, if you like soundtracks, no matter if only music or soundtracks with songs, write them here :cheesy:

I will start from my favs soundtracks with songs:

1. Ally McBeal
2. Hair
3. Dirty Dancing
4. Chicago
5. Jackie Brown
6. Moulin Rouge
7. Pulp fiction
8. Boys on the side
9. Bodyguard
10. Nothing Hill

My favs soundtrack music, composers, parts - I hope tonight :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
How could you forget Satudrday night fever? A brilliant soundtrack that sold like nothing before.
Another great soundtrack is the one for "Graduate" it was Simon and Garfunkel first album. They could not have guessed what a success it would have been as they almost was payed nothing for it.
And we should not forget Natural born killers of course.
Curtis Mayfield song "Move on up" catches the spirit of bend it like beckham.
Speaking about songs that catch the spirit of movies the best example is a classic. "As time goes by" and Casablanca. Fantastic song, fantastic movie.
I can' forget Elton John who has made the fantastic Lion king soundtrack. Eltons contribution to Almost famous, "Tiny dancer" is the pearl of that great soundtrack.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Apsolutely brilliant: Remake

Its a Bosnian movie about the war here, and there was this one scene where Serbian guards are eating while the Bosnian prisoners are in a cage in front of them starving. There is really a lot of food on the guards table, and they only give the prisoners some bread.

They bring one prisoner out to sing to them. He starts to sing an old Bosnian song. There is no music only his voice. And you can hear the pain, the hurt in his voice but also the pride. They then start hitting him, the rest of the prisoners cant do anything. He's bleeding on the floor but he stands up and sings some more with the blood going down his mouth. They them beat him again. Two of the prisoners get him back in the cage, and you hear the real song with music in the background.

It was so ****ing emotional, more than half the theatre was crying.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Best ever is "The Rock". I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I know two other guys who says the same, one of them played me a 13 minute something opening song, boring as hell I tell you! :angel:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I Fav Movie Soundtracks/Themes:

Pearl Harbor :touched: :thumb:
K-Pax :cool:
Star Wars
The Godfather
Gladiator :strong:
Unbreakable
Braveheart
Anastasia (The Cartoon)
Final Fantasy

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
I know two other guys who says the same, one of them played me a 13 minute something opening song, boring as hell I tell you! :angel:
If you think that's boring, there's nothing on this planet that could possibly interest you ;) You should listen to it like 7 more times, turn that volume (bass) up and you'll come around ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
If you think that's boring, there's nothing on this planet that could possibly interest you ;) You should listen to it like 7 more times, turn that volume (bass) up and you'll come around ;)
It's actually been a long time since I heard it, so I'll give it another go soon.

OP
vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    How could you forget Satudrday night fever? A brilliant soundtrack that sold like nothing before.
    Another great soundtrack is the one for "Graduate" it was Simon and Garfunkel first album. They could not have guessed what a success it would have been as they almost was payed nothing for it.
    And we should not forget Natural born killers of course.
    Curtis Mayfield song "Move on up" catches the spirit of bend it like beckham.
    Speaking about songs that catch the spirit of movies the best example is a classic. "As time goes by" and Casablanca. Fantastic song, fantastic movie.
    I can' forget Elton John who has made the fantastic Lion king soundtrack. Eltons contribution to Almost famous, "Tiny dancer" is the pearl of that great soundtrack.
    No worry Zambro, I will recall many other title I missed writing the first post in here ;)

And Saturday Night Fever was good, however not brilliant for me, I definitely prefer Grease :thumb:

But about "Astime goes by"... How could I forget that!? :wallbang:
    Absolutely one of the most famous songs from movie ever.

Oh man, I thought I'm the only one fan of Casablanca in whole galaxy these days (oh at least on this forum :D) and here, such surprise :cheesy:

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    And few my favs when it come only to music, sometimes I prefer only so called Themes, cause in many cases all the rest is not so brilliant.

Anyway:

The Rock :star:
    The piano :star:
    Forrest Gump
    Braveheart
    Once Upon a Time in America
    Malena
    Lisbon story
    Cookie's fortune
    Jurrasic Park
    Star Wars trilogy
    Platoon
    Out of Africa
    Twin Peaks
    Gladiator was not bad, however I dislike the movie
    Schindler list

Main themes from:
    North and South
    Crime story
    Star Trek - from different part of series, but all were good.
    Dances with wolves
    Terminator

There are two "new guys" in music:
    Nick Glennie - Smith (new, cause in past he was writing much of additional music, btw: he was one of guys, who made music to The Rock (hint for you Martin ;) and now to Pirates of Caribbian) and also he composed music to We were soldiers, VERY good music.

Klaus Badelt: amazing musci to The Time machine, and now main guy to Pirates of Carribian.

My favs composers are: Hans Zimmer, John Williams (but in older movies), James Horner (but main tunes in few his soundtracks are SO alike, check out: Apollo 13 and Legends of the fall :howler:) Michael Nyman.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Forrest Gump :thumb:
    Superman! :strong:
    Star Wars
    Catch me If You Can
    Austin Powers
    Jurassic Park
    Aladdin
    The Lion King
    Beauty and the Beast
    Lord of the Rings
    The Crow
    Romeo and Juliet
    Moulin Rouge
    Terminator

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    There are two "new guys" in music:
    Nick Glennie - Smith (new, cause in past he was writing much of additional music, btw: he was one of guys, who made music to The Rock (hint for you Martin ;) and now to Pirates of Caribbian) and also he composed music to We were soldiers, VERY good music.
    I would also append Mark Mancina (though not terribly prolific) and Harry Gregson Williams.

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17

I would also append Mark Mancina (though not terribly prolific) and Harry Gregson Williams.
    I know their music, not bad, but I cant say, it stricked me down, just some music.

DJ: I saw it recently, that music really fits there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)