Sound problems (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Your computer probably gets slow after running various [useless :D] apps for a while, the Win9x series especially has poor memory handling. Dunno what else to say about it except it's your OS doing it.

If you're playing winamp you can remedy the issue by setting the thread priority to higher, meaning winamp will always get prioritized over other apps and hence songs won't skip [as much]. In the Winamp options.. Options > Process priority class > Realtime

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Your computer probably gets slow after running various [useless :D] apps for a while, the Win9x series especially has poor memory handling. Dunno what else to say about it except it's your OS doing it .

If you're playing winamp you can remedy the issue by setting the thread priority to higher, meaning winamp will always get prioritized over other apps and hence songs won't skip [as much]. In the Winamp options.. Options > Process priority class > Realtime
more subliminal advertisments against Windows and suggesting a swtich to another OS ;)....when will the "Download Linux" subliminal messege be broadcasted!?! :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
LOL. Actually it wasn't. :) I mean Linux isn't perfect and in terms of userability for rookies it kinda sucks ;)

Course windoze got its problems and we all know that.

Btw, in Linux I ALSO upgrade the process priority to stop the player from skipping ;)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    rookie :touched:

yes i got winamp cuz realone is giving me problems and windows media player just sucks jewels.

and no theres no process priority. i got winamp 3.

its all good i just restart my computer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)