some news about the NIKE jersey! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I don't the jersey looks bad. Its OK without being the dog's bullocks.

8. nike is a bad company that exploits workers.???????????????????????????????????

Look, that is absolute CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Because they pay chinese workers a dollar a day?!!!!! Well, they'd be earning nothing if it wasn't for Nike! So they make some poor Chinese people survive...so thats exploiting people!!?!??

Thats the reason to love nike....not to hate them.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #202
    1. stripes too thin.
    well, this is juve's tradition. there have only been two kits in juve's history that have had thick stripes (97-98 and 02-03)
    Agree, thinner stripes are more JUVE! But when they have
    used thicker stripes it has been really nice...

2. it's plain.
    most classy teams are. no offense to central american teams or asian teams, but we dont want to look like them. look at how elegant real madrid's kit was from last seaosn!
    agree... I don't know what ppl. want from the kit... U can't put
    flames and thunder on it ;)

3. the stripes dont go all the way to the bottom
    well, nike theme for this year (as adidas) is the mesh bottom so the shirt can easily be tucked in and for cooling. imagine if it were stripes. with striped mesh. the black would look more like gray and it would make the kit look crappy because the lines would appear to be faded when it reaches the mesh area. also, if you think the bottom mesh should be black, then the kit would look more like a newcastle or Udinese kit.....so white is the smartest choice.
    makes me think of Milans Clima Cool kit from last year...
    The black stripes looked really strange... Not really black!

5. the shield, juve logo and nike logo are badly positioned.
    Where else do you want them?!!
    the only other option is for nike to copy Kappa and have the juve logo on the sleave and the shield on the right. anyhow, the nike logo isn't too big.
    no. Juve logo in the same position like now, Nike logo in the middle and move the scudetto where the nike logo is now.

6. the Logos are 'plastic/nylon' looking.
    i'm not too fond of that either. it's like how manu's 'vodafone' is like. anyway, i 'think' the main reason is that the fabric is very light.
    This is really bad... Wouldn't the FASTWEB logo be able 2 C if they wouldn't put it in a Square... Like Newcastle's sponsor???

7. there is no collar
    i agree, this sucks! juve has always had collars.
    Collar ain't that important 4 me. I wouldn't complain it it had one.

9. the stripes are yellow.
    This is the innovative part of this kit. although it isn't classic, i think it's a good 'little' change. though i wouldn't welcome it for more than a season or two. it is appropriate since all the logos and 'fastweb' is also kinda yellow.
    I think U mean Names & #. I agree! it isn't classic, it's not JUVE!
    But rather yellow names & # than a square on the back side!

OP
    Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #203
    ++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
    I don't the jersey looks bad. Its OK without being the dog's bullocks.

8. nike is a bad company that exploits workers.???????????????????????????????????

Look, that is absolute CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Because they pay chinese workers a dollar a day?!!!!! Well, they'd be earning nothing if it wasn't for Nike! So they make some poor Chinese people survive...so thats exploiting people!!?!??

Thats the reason to love nike....not to hate them.
    hmmm. what is your relation to NIKE? :cheesy:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I am investment analyst who works in Hong Kong and have visited Nike factories in Dongghuan, Guangzho. The have done a lot for the Chinese people and for the Chinese economy.

I am Italian by the way.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I really don't mind the jersey if it wasn't for that bloody Fastweb plastic advert.

Even the old Lotto Jersey's Fastweb logo was big, clumsy and made wearing the shirt uncomfortable. i don't see why they cant sow in the advert into the fabric so that you don't feel this big plastic strip on your chest.

I don't mind the scudetto in the middle so much. It is unique in that way....and its not ugly so i don't really have a problem with that.

The numbers on the back are always going to be a problem with a black and white stripe shirt. I would not have a box at the back nor would I have it Yellow. I would just rather the back be mostly white and have black numbers & name. Its simple and elegant that way.

I would have made the away shirt predominately black with thin/faint whit verticle stripes - a bit like the training shirt 2 seasons ago.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    the new juvestore is finally online... check it out!!!

the jerseys look like the ones we have already seen, but the gk-jersey is also available

OP
    Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #207
    ++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
    the new juvestore is finally online... check it out!!!

the jerseys look like the ones we have already seen, but the gk-jersey is also available
    lol!!! I have been waiting for the page to load... damn I bet it has gone over 2 minutes...

I guess the server is over loaded!!!

tell me the GK kit ain't Grey...

OP
    Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #213
    hmmmm... €70.00 without name & numbre!!!!
    lets C if these are just JUVESTORE prices...

It was a fine GK kit we once had!!! :D

ps. thanx for posting the pictures!

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
    Well, I for one don't like it. If other people here like it, well thats fine, at least someone likes it. To me it looks it was put together in a short period of time. I don't care if the Juve board has a say. Nike surely has more creativity than this. The area where the logo, scudetto and the nike logo is place makes it looks unbalanced, two large objects adn one small one on the side. Is there any reason why the stripes cannot meet the bottom of shirt.

I know the pink jersey is a tribute to Juve original, but save the tribute when our club celebrates our 125th. The way things look give the impression that Nike is trying too hard or not hard enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)