some news about the NIKE jersey! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
tomorrow the Jersey will be introduce on Juventus site...
Something many have waited for....

Do U guys think there will be any changes from the jersey that
Appiah was introduced with???
What I'm keen to see is the CL kit because there have been rumours that it's going to be a completely different kit to the Serie A one that Appiah was wearing...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't like it either and I think it looks plain because the Scudetto badge is missing :undecide: I'm just hoping that it's a fake because it kinda sucks IMO :yuck:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The Tamoil tag is the worst part of it IMO and if you look closely you'll see that the stripes are actually thicker than the one with the Fastweb tag and I think that the thinner stripes gave the jersey a classy look, which this jersey quite frankly lacks.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
does anybody know at white time the jersey will be presented? i just can't await it..... (even though we probably have already seen the real one...)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
does anybody know at white time the jersey will be presented? i just can't await it..... (even though we probably have already seen the real one...)
yes....we have already seen the real one.
but anyway...the kit will be officially presented on 7/16/03 ...
:eek: that's today!! :thumb: :D

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i know but at what time??
juvestore is sill not updated....

i haven't seen the back of the jerseys yet and that will be interesting (yellow player names & numbers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
I hope that this isn't the official thing because it sucks IMO but here is a pic, Fab:

If this is not the original version,,,people, the shirt will be almost equal to this one, so....you can see the new jUventus shirt here in this pic.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i would have prefered smaller stripes, but the rest is good - i really like it... good job if u ask me (way better than last year)

and the badge is like sewn-on
i might be wrong, but don't look all soccer badges that way???
(also our past jerseys had such badges...)

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
I think last season's is a much nicer jersey, at least there was a theme to it, the design was chosen carefully, but the NIKE one! what kinda crap is that, they just put the stripes, they did'nt even bother to continue with them to the bottom, i mean if u wanna keep the bottom part plain, then atleast make it black. The jersey looks like its made from Nylon, especially the Fastweb Logo, then they took the emblem and the scudetto badge and just stuck them anywhere, the whole damn thing looks very cheap in my opinion, and we're stuck with thise company for 12 more years, very disappointing.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
last year's one was way to "futuristic" - i mean it's a nice idea to use the shape of the logo to design the rest of the jersey, but it's not classy...

and tariq, u said they just put the stripes....
yeah, that's juve's tradition.... it's more a "back-to-the-roots"-jersey as the lines are thinner and there aren't too much other lines on it.....
i don't like it either, that the lines continue to the bottom, but white is certainly better than black in this position...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
many of you guys are complaining about these things:
1. stripes too thin.
well, this is juve's tradition. there have only been two kits in juve's history that have had thick stripes (97-98 and 02-03)

2. it's plain.
most classy teams are. no offense to central american teams or asian teams, but we dont want to look like them. look at how elegant real madrid's kit was from last seaosn!

3. the stripes dont go all the way to the bottom
well, nike theme for this year (as adidas) is the mesh bottom so the shirt can easily be tucked in and for cooling. imagine if it were stripes. with striped mesh. the black would look more like gray and it would make the kit look crappy because the lines would appear to be faded when it reaches the mesh area. also, if you think the bottom mesh should be black, then the kit would look more like a newcastle or Udinese kit.....so white is the smartest choice.

4. the badge is sewn! :rolleyes:
well, juve's and most other team badges have always been sewn. even the kappa and lotto kits.

5. the shield, juve logo and nike logo are badly positioned.
Where else do you want them?!!
the only other option is for nike to copy Kappa and have the juve logo on the sleave and the shield on the right. anyhow, the nike logo isn't too big.

6. the Logos are 'plastic/nylon' looking.
i'm not too fond of that either. it's like how manu's 'vodafone' is like. anyway, i 'think' the main reason is that the fabric is very light.

7. there is no collar
i agree, this sucks! juve has always had collars.

8. nike is a bad company that exploits workers.
i hate this the most... :down:

9. the stripes are yellow.
This is the innovative part of this kit. although it isn't classic, i think it's a good 'little' change. though i wouldn't welcome it for more than a season or two. it is appropriate since all the logos and 'fastweb' is also kinda yellow.

Overall, i think it looks pretty good. but i would still prefer Kappa, Adidas or even Puma. it's definately a step better than lotto/ciaoweb :yuck:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
excellent post majed...

i only disagree with u on point 7 - i like jerseys without a collar

and 8 is certainly true, but that's the same situation with adidas & co...

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
many of you guys are complaining about these things:
1. stripes too thin.
well, this is juve's tradition. there have only been two kits in juve's history that have had thick stripes (97-98 and 02-03)

2. it's plain.
most classy teams are. no offense to central american teams or asian teams, but we dont want to look like them. look at how elegant real madrid's kit was from last seaosn!

3. the stripes dont go all the way to the bottom
well, nike theme for this year (as adidas) is the mesh bottom so the shirt can easily be tucked in and for cooling. imagine if it were stripes. with striped mesh. the black would look more like gray and it would make the kit look crappy because the lines would appear to be faded when it reaches the mesh area. also, if you think the bottom mesh should be black, then the kit would look more like a newcastle or Udinese kit.....so white is the smartest choice.

4. the badge is sewn! :rolleyes:
well, juve's and most other team badges have always been sewn. even the kappa and lotto kits.

5. the shield, juve logo and nike logo are badly positioned.
Where else do you want them?!!
the only other option is for nike to copy Kappa and have the juve logo on the sleave and the shield on the right. anyhow, the nike logo isn't too big.

6. the Logos are 'plastic/nylon' looking.
i'm not too fond of that either. it's like how manu's 'vodafone' is like. anyway, i 'think' the main reason is that the fabric is very light.

7. there is no collar
i agree, this sucks! juve has always had collars.

8. nike is a bad company that exploits workers.
i hate this the most... :down:

9. the stripes are yellow.
This is the innovative part of this kit. although it isn't classic, i think it's a good 'little' change. though i wouldn't welcome it for more than a season or two. it is appropriate since all the logos and 'fastweb' is also kinda yellow.

Overall, i think it looks pretty good. but i would still prefer Kappa, Adidas or even Puma. it's definately a step better than lotto/ciaoweb :yuck:
Stop kidding yourself. I don't feel you like the new shirt at all.
I hate the rationale for the white bottom. It's ugly and it's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)