some help here PART 2 (1 Viewer)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
Question
hey, i noticed that you know some meanings behind some Oasis song, i was wondering do you know what the meaning behind wonderwall is?

Answer
Wonderwall was written for Noel's ex-wife Meg Matthews. He wrote it for her when she had just lost her job and was feeling down on herself. He wrote it to let her know how much she means to him and what an impact she has had on his life.

When asked what a Wonderwall was the response given was that it is basically anything that makes you happy or brightens your day. From the smallest thing to someone who means alot to you.

Thanks for the question, Hope this helps you out.

AND

Nunc scio quit sit amor - means "now i know what love is" in Latin

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    well what make u think that? i actually read the lyrics of the song and some parts like

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
    By now you shoulda somehow realized what you gotta do
    I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
    And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
    There are many things that I would like to say to you
    But I don't know how

makes me think that the guy has troubles with explaining his feelings. thats all i ve figured out. no idea about the story behind the song.

thnx for answering my questions.

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    i never even heard the song i just found the answer to your question online ...

but if i had to answer it i would break the word down
    wonderwall = wall of wonders
    wall is something that he can't get over
    and wonders ..... hmm he's probably wondering how she feels about him
    i read the lyrics and he's saying that he doesn't know what she feels and that maybe her love for him died or something and then he goes that maybe she's gonna be the one to save him. so i guess that's why he calls her a wonderwall
    heh
    weird song u'd need to know more about his life to answer that question

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I didn't wanna start a new thread for this but didn't know where to put it. The jokes thread gets flooded too easily and i thought this might need some time to be absorbed.

A little puzzle

A mother is 21 years older than her child.

In 6 years from now the mother will be 5 times as old as the child.

How old is the child?

And where is the father? (There is an answer to this!)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Nah, u gotta figure it out yourself u lazy bum :p

That way, the answer to "where is the father?" is funnier :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    How can it be trial and error when it's in the format of a normal algebra question? Come on man, get cracking!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++
    Question
    hey, i noticed that you know some meanings behind some Oasis song, i was wondering do you know what the meaning behind wonderwall is?

Answer
    Wonderwall was written for Noel's ex-wife Meg Matthews. He wrote it for her when she had just lost her job and was feeling down on herself. He wrote it to let her know how much she means to him and what an impact she has had on his life.

When asked what a Wonderwall was the response given was that it is basically anything that makes you happy or brightens your day. From the smallest thing to someone who means alot to you.

Thanks for the question, Hope this helps you out.

AND

Nunc scio quit sit amor - means "now i know what love is" in Latin
    Actually, Wonderwall comes from a George Harrison album. The cover features a picture of an outdoor brick wall without lateral supports. This is near his hometown, and is commonly referred to by the residents as "The Wonderwall."

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Actually, Wonderwall comes from a George Harrison album. The cover features a picture of an outdoor brick wall without lateral supports. This is near his hometown, and is commonly referred to by the residents as "The Wonderwall."
    that doesnt make much sense in the song though

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    guyz guyz !
    i never heard the song ...... i was trying to help someone out by finding the answers online
    so there ya go
    i can't even argue with you about it

and thx Graham ;)
    i finally used my knowlege of algebra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)