Sol in fresh Juve talks (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juventus have again been linked with a move for Arsenal centre back Sol Campbell, according to reports in Italy.

The Bianconeri seem keen to strengthen their backline after conceding goals in the 2-2 UEFA Champions League qualifying draw with Swedish side Djurgardens this week, with Juve in need of scoring in the second leg in Sweden to reach the group stages of Europe's top club competition.

Their defensive frailties against Djurgardens seemed to have further highlighted Juve's need to add a quality defender for the new season, with Campbell being mentioned again as a target for the Stadio Delle Alpi side.

The former Tottenham Hotspur player, who is currently sidelined with an Achilles injury he picked up with England at Euro 2004, has been stalling over signing a new long-term contract with The Gunners.

With Campbell's current deal to expire at the end of the season, there are suggestions that Juve would look to sign the England man by exchanging Stephan Appiah with the North London outfit.

In the meantime, The Old Lady have reported opened talks with Serie A rivals Lazio for fellow defender Massimo Oddo.

It is also being reported in Italy that Juve officials are currently in London to finalise the move of Croatian defender Igor Tudor to Spurs.

The 26-year-old stopper, who can also operate in midfield, is thought to be surplus to requirements with the Bianconeri and is thought to be attracting the attention of Jacques Santini's side.

===
Planetfootball

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
well campbell might be old, but he is proven in the english league and also on international tournaments.

hell i hope juve will sign him :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well our team is far from complete, and we;re wasting way too much time in choosing the players we want on our squad. and that too on our conditions not theirs (even if we know we need them)

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
well eventhough juve doesn't play in the EPL, :dazed:
campbell is a much better player than all our defenders

I just don't understand why almost everyone thinks just because he plays in the EPL, he will be incompetent in series A

River

Jun 15, 2004
well his always been better than Stam atleast. And Stam seems to be doing allright.

Besides beggers cant be choosers :D :D

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I think he's 28/29, that gives him three seasons hopefully. He is a rock, he's not slow either. And is very strong indeed. I hope he could adjust. Face it, apart from Cannavaro, we are almost out of options at centre back.

Oddo, I think is 28, so that's not terribly old, and I think Oddo at RB and Zamb at LB would pose many problems in attack, while also being solid at the back. True, it would mean a line-up of people in their late 20s, but that's not the end of the world.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
I don't think its a serious injury, he is expected to miss a couple of weeks, not a couple of months like the one DP went through.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Moggi needs to buy a defender, after we lost out on all the good ones.......Mexes, Ferrari......:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)