Sol in fresh Juve talks (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i like the idea of getting Campbell. he is tall, strong and fast. he has performed well at all levels and in all comps as well. along with oddo, it does give juve a very good defence.

Is Appiah's one good game against italy's olympic team enough to merit him another chance at the club? is he playing against quality which he faces when playing for juve in the CL etc..? its a big question mark considering there are others at the club that very well look like playing ahead of him already such as blasi, emerson and even tacchinardi. Capello may be stubborn and play appiah on bench.

so is it worth taking the risk on appiah? use appiah as bait, get Campbell who is obviously a world class centre back. fix the defence by spending lil cash and using appiah and maybe another player or two to get oddo also. Then maybe back up for trez and another midfielder can come in.

As for replacing appiah, maybe Mascherano can come instead. not proven but has potential and he'll only be back up anyway.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juve revive Campbell bid
Sunday 15 August, 2004

Juventus know they need reinforcements in defence and are offering Stephen Appiah as part of a swap deal for Sol Campbell.

The disappointing 2-2 home draw with Djurgarden highlighted already existing problems in the Bianconeri back line and the club is determined to make changes if they qualify for the Champions’ League.

They had already been linked with Campbell earlier on this summer, but nothing had come of their negotiations with Arsenal.

Juventus now realise the situation is worse than expected and are willing to make a sacrifice in order to tempt the England international to Serie A.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger would reportedly be happy to take Ghana midfielder Appiah to Highbury, plus a cash sum, in order to part with the 29-year-old centre-back.

23-year-old former Brescia star Appiah’s price-tag rose slightly after he scored a spectacular goal against Italy in the Athens Olympics this week.

Juve director Roberto Bettega is expected in London on Monday to discuss Igor Tudor’s move to Tottenham and will stop off at their north London neighbours for further talks about Campbell.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug15a.html

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Just sign him god damn it!!!
He is a world class defender.
I will be really happy to get him specially in OUR SITUATION!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
sol is old,slow,and extremely physical.we have no lack of defenders like these,in fact what we need is the exact opposite:a young,fast sweeper who can anticipate plays.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
actually, sol is fast, strong, tall and exactly what we are lacking in the defence. legrottaglie is tall and average....

getting sol and then oddo fixes the defence up perfectly.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
fast?his speed would be average at best imo and we don't exactly need more carbon copies of montero/tudor,even if they are better than what we have.

pairing up a stopper with another stopper is not a good idea imho.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
he may be faster than what we have,but by footballing standards surely he would be considered slow?

btw i'm sure chiellini's faster than sol:cool:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
probably at least 3, maybe even more if he's lucky... Anyway, I still don't believe this rumour because I can't see Moggi paying his huge wages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)