Sochi 2014 (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It helps, but the sport matters too. I mean, look at how many here support the Italian NT in global tournaments and have zero affiliation with the country.
Football is a very global sport, to be fair. But I remember having this conversation with a Norwegian about cricket and rugby contrasting to the various winter sports I've not heard of that Norway do well in. I guess I only care about team sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Wyshynsky :sergio:

How does a sports reporter who has never been outside of New Jersey get qualified to go to Russia and comment on the world's various toilet systems??
Nailed it, it's not all that uncommon. I've seen it before in parts of Europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Football is a very global sport, to be fair. But I remember having this conversation with a Norwegian about cricket and rugby contrasting to the various winter sports I've not heard of that Norway do well in. I guess I only care about team sports.
I think luge and bobsled are awesome sports. Not a lot of USA, USA, USA American dominance there.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Don't most people? For instance I really couldn't care less about the Winter Olympics, and any medal GB picks up is akin to hen teeth.
I call it fake fan sports. I can't stand when people here, who never watch handball, suddenly become the biggest fans, when the Danish nt got a chance winning a tournament. It happens in football too, but not in the same scale.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That happens everywhere though. I mean, look at Man United. I think it's hilarious how many whiny, fair-weather fans they've accumulated over the years. This season they are being shaken out like rust on the hull of an old ship.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I love how bitter the media is about having to admit that the games are going really well and that Russia has done a good job.

That being said the cost of throwing it is ridiculously high and sadly not many countries could afford to host these games in the future.

On a side note, I wish everyone would stop shoving their pro-gay propaganda down our throats at every opportunity they get. Either grow a spine and boycott the games or leave that shit at the front door...buncha hypocrites. It's a sporting event ffs.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I love how bitter the media is about having to admit that the games are going really well and that Russia has done a good job.

That being said the cost of throwing it is ridiculously high and sadly not many countries could afford to host these games in the future.

On a side note, I wish everyone would stop shoving their pro-gay propaganda down our throats at every opportunity they get. Either grow a spine and boycott the games or leave that shit at the front door...buncha hypocrites. It's a sporting event ffs.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)