So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (1 Viewer)

Éver

Mar 1, 2008

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Still... Mauro Camoranesi was an Argentinian, not an Italian. I don't care whether or not his uncle Freddy was an Italian... who gives a shit.

Italians love to have this sort of comradery amongst themselves, saying they're Italian even if they've never set foot on Italy, don't speak the language, and only had a grandparent who was Italian. I mean, the whole purpose of nationalities is that you actually are part of the nationality, not using it as some sort of, I don't know, ridiculous way to fit in.

Like I said, four divided by two is not four. Sorry, it's not. Camoranesi is at most "half Italian," whatever that means, and not an Italian. That's just the way it is.

Amauri doesn't really matter; don't care about him. He's just used to demonstrate the hypocrisy in this whole mess.

thank you !!

But you see, I actually uphold a standard and don't hide behind silly blood arguments. I'm open to anybody who is a citizen of this country, unlike some Azzurri fans who support Camoranesi on Italy despite him not being an Italian. That's the difference here.

Either call for Camoranesi to be taken off of the Azzurri or accept Amauri as a viable candidate for Italy.
first of all, if you were referring to me with that blast, both sides of my family are from Italy, I can speak some, and understand most Italian, we still keep in contact with relatives there, and I will get over there one of these days....

And there is a comradery, whether you can understand it or not....many of us grew up with the same traditions that arent found in many other American families, and it seems like everyone somehow knows each other, or is related

Also...you have to accept the fact that Camo is an Italian citizen, just like Gooch and Adu are American citizens, and they chose the countries that they wanted to play for

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Proof that this is certainly nothing new. Orsi may have been the greatest player on the WC winners of the 1930's

http://forza_azzurri.homestead.com/play_Oriundi~ns4.html

ie, this is nothing new.

www.theoffside.com

like Mauro Camoranesi who, though born and raised in Argentina, plays for Italy, the country from which his grandparents emigrated to South America.

www.wldcup.com

Camoranesi, 26, was born in Argentina but has Italian grandparents and is therefore eligible to play for either country.

Not clear if it's all of his grandparents (some sites say great grandparents), but all the sites I checked seem to indicate that

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
And there is a comradery, whether you can understand it or not....many of us grew up with the same traditions that arent found in many other American families, and it seems like everyone somehow knows each other, or is related

Exactly. In a way, we have kept the traditions better than some over there: we make wine, our own salumi, etc

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
first of all, if you were referring to me with that blast, both sides of my family are from Italy, I can speak some, and understand most Italian, we still keep in contact with relatives there, and I will get over there one of these days....

Also...you have to accept the fact that Camo is an Italian citizen, just like Gooch and Adu are American citizens, and they chose the countries that they wanted to play for
Exactly. Actually he refused Bielsa offer when he called him to the Argie NT. The same did Trezeguet when Pekerman called him to sub-20.
If his papper are all right I don't think there is any trouble. And, come on, how many player "feel" the shirt? Just a few, and maybe just the old ones. Kaka' refused to go to Copa America with Brazil and he is brazilian.

And let's not forget Totti, Nesta...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)