So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (4 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #281
    ßöмßäяðîëя;1596504 said:
    Any citizen, 1st generation or 40th is allowed to play, and should be. Point, period, and simple.

Amauri, if he gains citizenship, has just as much right as Delpie, Buffon, or Camo to play for the national side. After all, they are all citizens of the same country.

Half of you idiots need to think about what you are saying.

If this was all true, then both Altintop brothers should play for Germany, both Kovac brothers should play for Germany, and Podo and Klose for Poland.

Hell, if you want to think about it, and stop being fucking sock suckers, then there should be no American NT because most of us came to America later than Camoranesi's great grandparents arrived in Argentina.

So then does that make me German rather than American, Andy German rather than American, Enron Irish or Lithuanian rather than American?

If you hold citizenship to any country, you should play. Because is any citizen better than the next because his parents were here 20 years earlier?
    This is the ONLY way. Anything else can lead to hypocrisy and just manipulation of the system, which people love to do. If you become a citizen of a nation, abide by the laws of the nation, you should be allowed to play if you haven't been called up to another senior squad. And that's IT.

And one more thing that needs to be said.
    Italians (be it the FIGC, Berlusconi, Moratti) do have a habbit to INVENT Italian grandparents or great-grandparents.
    There are a loooooooot of players in serie A with dogdy Italian ancestry.

For me personally, it makes no difference if Camo has or doesn't have Italian grandparents. If he holds an Italian passport he is free to play for Italy.
    But i'm completely against this "blood rule" thing that allows some to play and doesn't allow others to play for a certain NT. Camoranesi, who has so little "Italian blood" that he'll lose it the next time his nose will bleed, is NOT more Italian than someone who was born and raised in Italy, even though his parents are from Asia or Africa.
    This being said, i'm also against giving passports like candies, just so someone could become eligible to play for a certain country.
    :lol2: Loss of ethnicity through a nosebleed. :lol2:

Alen, you make my nosebleed through laughter.

but you see, no one cares about them. It's ok if players from foreign origins want to play for other teams, but for Italy NOOOOOOOOOO. Because Italian blood is superior to everyone else. Hail Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, this sort of shit that some Azzurri fans propagate reeks of arrogance and reminds me of the arrogance of the English. They really need to cut it the fuck out.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #282
    I can't wait until Amauri is called up and helps Italy win another championship of some sort. It will be interesting to see what people here say about him then.

99% of Azzurri fans will treat him like Camoranesi after the latter helped Italy win in 2006. And that will be really, really laughable and prove my point even further.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I can't wait until Amauri is called up and helps Italy win another championship of some sort. It will be interesting to see what people here say about him them.

99% of Azzurri fans will treat him like Camoranesi after the latter helped Italy win in 2006. And that will be really, really laughable and prove my point even further.
    Andy,

why are you so bitter about this? I don't think it should be possible for players to switch nations the same way they switch clubs. Qatar's track and field records are getting quite ridiculous.

Camoranesi for me is acceptable though. First of all he has Italian grandparents. It would take Vinman a whole lot less to call himself Italian. But most importantly as a football player he was made in Italy. Italians made him the football player he is. For me he's downright Italian as a football player.

That's what he himself is alluding to as well. Nationality is a very clearcut definition for some people, but it isn't for me. And apparently it isn't for Camo either.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This is the ONLY way. Anything else can lead to hypocrisy and just manipulation of the system, which people love to do. If you become a citizen of a nation, abide by the laws of the nation, you should be allowed to play if you haven't been called up to another senior squad. And that's IT.

:lol2: Loss of ethnicity through a nosebleed. :lol2:

Alen, you make my nosebleed through laughter.

Yeah, this sort of shit that some Azzurri fans propagate reeks of arrogance and reminds me of the arrogance of the English. They really need to cut it the fuck out.
    You're so full of bullshit, Andy. This is some personal quest against the Azzurri, because you can't stand people supporting Italy even if they're not Italian. I will honestly say that I have always supported the Italian national side ever since I was eight.

It's strictly a matter of football preferences for me. I have always been a fan of Del Piero, I used to love Roberto Baggio and now I like Camoranesi. I'm a big fan of Italian calcio and I'm a big fan of a lot of Italian players. On top of that I like Italy as a country as well and I'm fucking living here. So there is simply no way you're going to be an arrogant piece of shit towards me because I choose to be a fan of the Azzurri.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #287
    Andy,

why are you so bitter about this? I don't think it should be possible for players to switch nations the same way they switch clubs. Qatar's track and field records are getting quite ridiculous.
    But it's not possible to switch national teams the same way players switch clubs. Gaining citizenship takes time and once you are called up for a national team, that's it, you can't switch to another national team.

What FIFA should do, however, is extend the rule down to the youth teams as well.

Camoranesi for me is acceptable though. First of all he has Italian grandparents. It would take Vinman a whole lot less to call himself Italian. But most importantly as a football player he was made in Italy. Italians made him the football player he is. For me he's downright Italian as a football player.

That's what he himself is alluding to as well. Nationality is a very clearcut definition for some people, but it isn't for me. And apparently it isn't for Camo either.
    What? Camoranesi as a FOOTBALLER started in Argentina, went to Mexico, and then went to Italy to play. You cannot possibly take all the credit for Camoranesi because his talent was nurtured in other nations. In reality, Mauro's real footballing education took place in Argentina. So I really don't know what you're talking about, Andries.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #288
    You're so full of bullshit, Andy. This is some personal quest against the Azzurri, because you can't stand people supporting Italy even if they're not Italian. I will honestly say that I have always supported the Italian national side ever since I was eight.

It's strictly a matter of football preferences for me. I have always been a fan of Del Piero, I used to love Roberto Baggio and now I like Camoranesi. I'm a big fan of Italian calcio and I'm a big fan of a lot of Italian players. On top of that I like Italy as a country as well and I'm fucking living here. So there is simply no way you're going to be an arrogant piece of shit towards me because I choose to be a fan of the Azzurri.
    Nah, this isn't a personal quest against the Azzurri. I actually like the Azzurri and started watching football on television because of them in 1994. Moreover, I wanted Italy to win the World Cup this summer for various reasons, so your argument is groundless.

People can support anybody they'd like. I just think it's a little bit strange that people are alright with Camoranesi in the Azzurri but totally against Amauri because of their idiotic blood argument. Just don't be hypocritical about it.

I've always loved Baggio and Del Piero too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    But it's not possible to switch national teams the same way players switch clubs. Gaining citizenship takes time and once you are called up for a national team, that's it, you can't switch to another national team.

What FIFA should do, however, is extend the rule down to the youth teams as well.

What? Camoranesi as a FOOTBALLER started in Argentina, went to Mexico, and then went to Italy to play. You cannot possibly take all the credit for Camoranesi because his talent was nurtured in other nations. In reality, Mauro's real footballing education took place in Argentina. So I really don't know what you're talking about, Andries.
    Dear god, Andy. I hope you're just taking the piss. The Camoranesi of Verona (let alone the Camoranesi in Argentina) doesn't even come close to the Camoranesi of Juventus.

As for the switching thing, I really don't see the problem here. People get to have one decision based on possessing citizenship. What on earth is wrong with that? And it's not the FIGC handing out passports either. It's logical, it's rational and it's bloody obvious that it's right this way.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Nah, this isn't a personal quest against the Azzurri. I actually like the Azzurri and started watching football on television because of them in 1994. Moreover, I wanted Italy to win the World Cup this summer for various reasons, so your argument is groundless.

People can support anybody they'd like. I just think it's a little bit strange that people are alright with Camoranesi in the Azzurri but totally against Amauri because of their idiotic blood argument. Just don't be hypocritical about it.

I've always loved Baggio and Del Piero too.
    It's typically American to talk about blood by the way..

"I'm 20% German" is bullshit you wouldn't find in Europe. And Italian Americans are just Americans.

The problem here, Andy, is that there is simply no argument. It's about citizenship. No more, no less. If Amauri has Italian citizenship and wants to play for Italy, Donadoni is free to select him. He shouldn't, because Amauri is nowhere near good enough though.

The reason Camoranesi should go to the Euros and Amauri shouldn't is that Camoranesi's brilliant and that Amauri's extremely average. I'd take Del Piero over him any day.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #291
    Dear god, Andy. I hope you're just taking the piss. The Camoranesi of Verona (let alone the Camoranesi in Argentina) doesn't even come close to the Camoranesi of Juventus.
    Please. The reason why Camoranesi came to Italy in the first place was because he WAS talented enough. If he didn't have the talent and some of his skill already, he wouldn't have been purchased by Verona. Simple as that.

Stop taking credit for something you didn't create. It's annoying.

As for the switching thing, I really don't see the problem here. People get to have one decision based on possessing citizenship. What on earth is wrong with that? And it's not the FIGC handing out passports either. It's logical, it's rational and it's bloody obvious that it's right this way.
    The right way? Is that right. One decision based upon heritage.

Alrighty then, I want to play for Germany since I have German heritage despite not knowing any German and not setting foot on the nation even once. I will travel to Germany, become a citizen, and play for their National Team. Is that alright with you?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #292
    It's typically American to talk about blood by the way..
    Not really. Any knowledge American knows we're a nation of immigrants.

The problem here, Andy, is that there is simply no argument. It's about citizenship. No more, no less. If Amauri has Italian citizenship and wants to play for Italy, Donadoni is free to select him. He shouldn't, because Amauri is nowhere near good enough though.
    Amauri is nowhere near good enough? Are you serious? Is Gilardino good enough? Di Natale?

And yes, it is indeed all about citizenship. I'm glad we agree here that citizenship is what matters, not "blood" or heritage.

The reason Camoranesi should go to the Euros and Amauri shouldn't is that Camoranesi's brilliant and that Amauri's extremely average. I'd take Del Piero over him any day.
    Well you'd take Del Piero over anybody any day of the week. But in this case I'd take Del Piero over Amauri as well, but that's not really the point.

Amauri is better than pretty much all your targetmen, barring Toni right now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Please. The reason why Camoranesi came to Italy in the first place was because he WAS talented enough. If he didn't have the talent and some of his skill already, he wouldn't have been purchased by Verona. Simple as that.

Stop taking credit for something you didn't create. It's annoying.

The right way? Is that right. One decision based upon heritage.

Alrighty then, I want to play for Germany since I have German heritage despite not knowing any German and not setting foot on the nation even once. I will travel to Germany, become a citizen, and play for their National Team. Is that alright with you?
    You're deliberately missing the point and misrepresenting my opinion. Hence I will not discuss this any further. My opinion was that citizenship mattered. If you would become a German citizen that would not be a problem. It's up to a country to decide whether or not you're a citizen. There's no way I can influence that decision.

Camoranesi did become a lot better in Italy and the reason was Calcio. Verona and Juventus made Camoranesi. Obviously he was talented and obviousy he worked hard, but you can't deny calcio had a role in it all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Not really. Any knowledge American knows we're a nation of immigrants.

Amauri is nowhere near good enough? Are you serious? Is Gilardino good enough? Di Natale?

And yes, it is indeed all about citizenship. I'm glad we agree here that citizenship is what matters, not "blood" or heritage.

Well you'd take Del Piero over anybody any day of the week. But in this case I'd take Del Piero over Amauri as well, but that's not really the point.

Amauri is better than pretty much all your targetmen, barring Toni right now.
    Even Borriello is better than Amauri. And if it's between Del Piero and Amauri, and it no doubt will be, the choice is obvious. Gilardino's a better player than Amauri by the way.

I wouldn't take Del Piero over anybody any day of the week either. If there would have been a better Italian alternative I would have gone with that guy. Di Natale however is clearly not as good as Del Piero and this personal vendetta of Donadoni is annoying me. He'll take Del Piero anyway at the end.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    di natale is a good player but for me he lacks something as does quaglierella they dont have that champion quality. this mite sound stupid but its what i think.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    What Andy is saying is this :

1. If Camoranesi can play for Italy than so can anyone else who has an Italian passport !
    2. If Amauri shouldn't play for Italy only because he's not Italian then Camoranesi also shouldn't play.

There shouldn't be option 3 saying :
    3. Camoranesi can play for Italy because he has Italian blood through his great grandparents but Amauri can't ONLY because he's not Italian.

It's a different thing if we talk about the pure quality of Amauri and if he deserves to play for Italy because of what he's shown for Palermo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    What Andy is saying is this :

1. If Camoranesi can play for Italy than so can anyone else who has an Italian passport !
    2. If Amauri shouldn't play for Italy only because he's not Italian then Camoranesi also shouldn't play.

There shouldn't be option 3 saying :
    3. Camoranesi can play for Italy because he has Italian blood through his great grandparents but Amauri can't ONLY because he's not Italian.

It's a different thing if we talk about the pure quality of Amauri and if he deserves to play for Italy because of what he's shown for Palermo.
    From what i understand Seven isnt saying that either, he's saying Amauri shouldnt play because he's not good enough, not because he doesnt have "italian blood".

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    but you see, no one cares about them. It's ok if players from foreign origins want to play for other teams, but for Italy NOOOOOOOOOO. Because Italian blood is superior to everyone else. Hail Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In fact Hitler wanted to take charge of the Italian army and lead it from Italy, but they said no cause he didn't have Italian blood, instead he took charge of Germany

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    From what i understand Seven isnt saying that either, he's saying Amauri shouldnt play because he's not good enough, not because he doesnt have "italian blood".
    Exactly. I couldn't care less about the blood thing. A citizen is a citizen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)