So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (4 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    Okay, glad to clear things up a little.

Ever thinks that Del Piero is an "Italian reject" because he wasn't called up for the Azzurri recently.

May 22, 2007
    The discussion is about the rules in general. These rules are applied to all FIFA nations and there are loopholes in everything.

Now, if we want to use your birthplace as one of the rules for where you can play, Claudio Gentile could not play for Italy because he was born in Tripoli and spent about a year there.
    I don't have a birthplace rule though?

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
    It's not 'dumb' at all.

Yes, remind me again where I said Amauri isn't a good player?

I'm saying that Brazil are short of great strikers at the moment, why dont they call Amauri? Del Piero isnt a 'reject', the same that Raúl isn't a reject because Aragonés didnt pick him yesterday.

Amauri may indeed be better than most Italian strikers. Just because you cannot produce your own doesn't mean you should go and get foreigners to compensate for this imo.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Yeah man and Trez and Ruud van Nistelrooy are terrible forwards because they are rejected by their national teams.

Man this Chiellini must be a terrible defender, after all Materazzi was chosen ahead of him.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    Yeah man and Trez and Ruud van Nistelrooy are terrible forwards because they are rejected by their national teams.

Man this Chiellini must be a terrible defender, after all Materazzi was chosen ahead of him.
    Amauri the Brazilian Reject.
    Trezeguet the French Reject.
    Del Piero the Italian Reject.
    Chiellini the Italian Reject.

NOW I GET IT !!!!! ??? :confused:

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    It's not 'dumb' at all.

Yes, remind me again where I said Amauri isn't a good player?

I'm saying that Brazil are short of great strikers at the moment, why dont they call Amauri? Del Piero isnt a 'reject', the same that Raúl isn't a reject because Aragonés didnt pick him yesterday.

Amauri may indeed be better than most Italian strikers. Just because you cannot produce your own doesn't mean you should go and get foreigners to compensate for this imo.
    so put it this: If you were an owner of an Italian company, and you got 2 applicants for a job:

-Applicant A is Italian but he is an average worker like anyone else
    -Applicant B is an immigrant to Italy but he would make your company better.

who would you hire?

and answer another simple question, where are you from and where do you currently live?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #50
    and answer another simple question, where are you from and where do you currently live?
    He doesn't want to answer that because it will make him look foolish for being so harsh on Amauri yet not even being an Italian himself. He supports Italy but he could be from Mars for all we know.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    hehe. Well Let's wait and see what he comes up with. I think this thread has potential for some insane posts like that thread about the "Juve material" phrase

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    hehe. Well Let's wait and see what he comes up with. I think this thread has potential for some insane posts like that thread about a player being Juve material.
    Man, I created the same thread in Xtratime and people said it was the best thread in a long time. It's such a great discussion though because there are so many loopholes in people's arguments. Really a subjective affair.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Anyways, if nobody wants Amauri he can come and play for the United States. I'd take him in with open arms.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
    I am not being harsh on Amauri at all, how am I?

Im not Italian no, dont see why it matter so much to you all. Are you Italians then?

And you're all taking this "reject" thing a bit far.

Sep 26, 2007
    so put it this: If you were an owner of an Italian company, and you got 2 applicants for a job:

-Applicant A is Italian but he is an average worker like anyone else
    -Applicant B is an immigrant to Italy but he would make your company better.
    who would you hire?

Those questions don't really help your argument. That is how club teams work not NT's. They are clearly DIFFERENT. Plus with that logic you are saying that how Inter fields a primarily South American team along with ONE Italian only and at times no Italians is the best idea. Think of something better if you want to argue like that.

I'm not going to get involved with this argument because its all opinions and no one is right or wrong in this aspect. Its all opinions which no one will change their mind. So basically its useless to argue but continue arguing.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    Those questions don't really help your argument. That is how club teams work not NT's. They are clearly DIFFERENT. Plus with that logic you are saying that how Inter fields a primarily South American team along with ONE Italian only and at times no Italians is the best idea. Think of something better if you want to argue like that.

I'm not going to get involved with this argument because its all opinions and no one is right or wrong in this aspect. Its all opinions which no one will change their mind. So basically its useless to argue but continue arguing.
    But one thing is for certain Sarah... there is no such thing as "Italian blood." That argument is void right off the bat.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Man, I created the same thread in Xtratime and people said it was the best thread in a long time. It's such a great discussion though because there are so many loopholes in people's arguments. Really a subjective affair.
    Yeah it is. And to me in this type of arguement I don't mind if people stick to just one opinion about this issue. But as you said people tend to be very hypocritical about it that it just makes you raise your eyebrows in disbelief.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Camo is half Italian, Amauri is full Brazilian. Thats what I see about this whole thing. Thats why there is nationalities and not monkey teams.
    How is Camoranesi half Italian?

He doesn't even know Il Canto degli Italiani.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)