so who is the worst player of the season (2 Viewers)

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delbecko ] ++
no one is really good this season

but the worst players are:

montero (now at 17 redcards in serie a)
iuliano (always he became the chance to play he made a lot of mistake)
legrottaglie (what a dissapointment, starts well but now his a ghost)
thuram (maybe the worst season in his carrier)
buffon (if you compare his performance with last year you cry and cry)
appiah (starts also well, but has a problem with the presure in turin)
tacchi (bad season)
di vaio (sould be sold)
trezeguet (made the most goal but alone in front he can do nothing)
del piero (played not really good and now as usual injured)
tudor (as each defender a dissapointment)
nedved (does he is not able to be a leader ?)

the positive are:

maresca: very creativ
miccoli: should be a starter

the worst juve since 1998/99 (i hope the date is correct)

do you know what happened in 1999 ? lippi get fired.....yeah
Tacci ... should be kicked out
di vaio ... sucks
Montero .... should be training soldiers in Gwantanamo how to smash someone's leg
Nedved....not the same nedved

the best....
Buffon as usual
Miccoli a new shining star
Maresca ... a killer

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
MOntero is worst in the way the he is just a crazy tackler with no hope... but iuliano is just a bad defender.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Montero had a catastriphic season, an is guilty of tackling too violent, but he is a good defender and is very important for the team, because he coordinates the defensive movements in the field.From all Juve defenders, he has the lesser average of goals received while in the field.

Last two years, Iuliano has become perfect useless.Havent seen a good game from him long ago....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
This is a disastrous season indeed but why are you all surprised! This has been coming all along. All departments have their share of the blame.
Juventus
Have you ever asked yourself why it is so hard for players to adapt to Juventus style of play?
Henry – Non-starter
Baiocco - Non-starter
Fresi – Non-starter
Nedved – Took 1 year
Thuram – Took 1 year
Camo – Hot/Cold
Di Vaio – Hot/Cold

Management
Moggi and Co. have always done well in the market but once in a while the ‘best’ deals turn sour. IMHO our downfall started in 2001 when Zidane left for Real Madrid. Most people noted that we had become dependent on one player & the system should be changed. We acquired Nedved who had a torrid 1st season then we reverted back to 1 player dependency … some solution. The management’s mistake here was the glaring fact that our depth was lacking. We scraped through a couple of years with a measly squad & because we produced the goods (Serie A titles & a final to the CL) the management thought we were ok. So 60% of the blame lies here.

Medical Staff
I can’t help but lay some blame here, as I don’t understand why we should have so many injuries. For the past 2 seasons our injury worries have increased dramatically! Why? 20% goes here.

Coach
Lippi has been good for us. But when things go wrong he seems at a loss. Lippi is never afraid to use any tactic but sadly the numerous injuries & total loss of form for some players have made his job harder. 10% goes here.

Players
Look at our complete team then you will realise that Lippi has done a great job. Most of the squad is either too old or trying to settle in. Confidence levels are at an all time low. 10% of the blame lies here coz most of these players are average & have over achieved anyway.
Goalies
Buffon – Has had a bad season by his standards. Performing at 40%.
Chimenti – He is past it.
Merante – Has he ever played?

Defenders
Ferrara – He’s done his time & been brilliant.
Montero – He’s done his time but age has not been graceful to him.
Tudor – No comment. Always injured.
Pessotto – Average defender. Done his time.
Iuliano – I must say that he has never impressed me.
Birindelli – Ditto Pessotto.
Thuram – Admittedly had a bad season.
Legrotaglie – Still unsettled.

Midfielders
Tacchinardi – I have always questioned his ability. He looks exposed!
Conte – Done his time.
Nedved – Seriously off form.
Camoranesi – Should have been used more often coz I think he has been ok.
Appiah – Still unsettled.
Zambrotta – Been transformed to our best defender. What gives at the midfield?
Maresca – Slowly becoming a favourite of many but why did he go Nationwide if he can’t finish a game?

Forwards
Miccoli – Underused.
Del Piero – The great enigma. Spending too much time injured.
Trezeguet – Being an all out striker what did you expect him to do with such mediocre service?
Di Vaio – Lost his confidence completely.

Now tell me what did you expect from such a team?

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #110
    i agree with most that u said except this:

++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Coach
    Lippi has been good for us. But when things go wrong he seems at a loss. Lippi is never afraid to use any tactic but sadly the numerous injuries & total loss of form for some players have made his job harder. 10% goes here.

lippi was the first one to throw the towel. he gave up too soon and it is mostly his fault that a lot of players are not starters

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delbecko ] ++
    ++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++

hei du bisch glaub erscht dä zweit Schwiizer da im Forum, Hoi!

CAIO

- kann durchaus sein, schliesslich bist du auch der erste schweizer den ich hier antreffe
    COOL, han lang gwartet...:cheesy:...bisch aber warschindli Italiener oder?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    lippi was the first one to throw the towel. he gave up too soon and it is mostly his fault that a lot of players are not starters
    We are well familiar with the rotation system but I didn't see anyone complaining at the beginning of the season when we were doing good.

++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
    great post ali!
    Thank you :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    As said previous, great post, Ali. Some thoughts...

Management
    The management’s mistake here was the glaring fact that our depth was lacking. We scraped through a couple of years with a measly squad & because we produced the goods (Serie A titles & a final to the CL) the management thought we were ok. So 60% of the blame lies here.
    Fully agreed that the management need to take most of the blame on this one.

Medical Staff
    I can’t help but lay some blame here, as I don’t understand why we should have so many injuries. For the past 2 seasons our injury worries have increased dramatically! Why? 20% goes here.
    I wonder how much this might be the result of age, in general. A decent medical staff is like insurance for the most expensive assets the club has. It's foolhardy to skimp there when you're paying these kinds of salaries. So could there be something due to the age factor -- and the time of recovery that results?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    As said previous, great post, Ali. Some thoughts...
    Thanks

I wonder how much this might be the result of age, in general. A decent medical staff is like insurance for the most expensive assets the club has. It's foolhardy to skimp there when you're paying these kinds of salaries. So could there be something due to the age factor -- and the time of recovery that results?
    You raise a valid point but what of Micolli, Maresca & Zambrotta?

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

The management’s mistake here was the glaring fact that our depth was lacking. We scraped through a couple of years with a measly squad & because we produced the goods (Serie A titles & a final to the CL) the management thought we were ok. So 60% of the blame lies here.
    MY GOD !!!! a messy squad able to win serie A title and arriving at CL final!

We will need a messy squad next year......

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #118

We are well familiar with the rotation system but I didn't see anyone complaining at the beginning of the season when we were doing good.

i actually was thinkin more about the fact that lippi seems to abandon juve everytime it is doing bad

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    MY GOD !!!! a messy squad able to win serie A title and arriving at CL final!

We will need a messy squad next year......
    Well, it was a messy squad, but the word is measly. And it was because the players we had played well in that small squad. Now, those same players are the ones dragging us down, or in the case of Davids we lost him for nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)