Smug Players (5 Viewers)

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
Who are the smuggest players in the World. Wether it be towards fans, media, players/coaches. By smug I mean cocky and stuff like that.

I can think of a few.

Ibrahimovich

Mihalovic...The self proclaimed "Freekick expert"...he's good, i'll give him that, but ever heard of team spirit???

Beckham has a huge ego...but he strikes me as a nice enough guy

Roonie...he looks like pure evil, and I heard he was racist???

Cassano...cry baby (I don,t know if that has to do with his ego)

Well, thats all I can think of now. I have to say though, that I beleive in all professional sports, players have to have some sort of an ego so they can mentally put themselves above their oponents. These guys just seem to have too much of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by cuore ] ++
Who are the smuggest players in the World. Wether it be towards fans, media, players/coaches. By smug I mean cocky and stuff like that.

I can think of a few.

Ibrahimovich

Mihalovic...The self proclaimed "Freekick expert"...he's good, i'll give him that, but ever heard of team spirit???

Beckham has a huge ego...but he strikes me as a nice enough guy

Roonie...he looks like pure evil, and I heard he was racist???

Cassano...cry baby (I don,t know if that has to do with his ego)

Well, thats all I can think of now. I have to say though, that I beleive in all professional sports, players have to have some sort of an ego so they can mentally put themselves above their oponents. These guys just seem to have too much of it.

Beckham is a nice enough guy, he is just bad. I hate Rooney, and I think that Duff is a wang, too.

Jul 19, 2003
Gravesen is a racist. He once refused to interview with an Arab sports station...he made it clear that is the reason too.

Oh and Figo...he's so full of himself, and he's the biggest whiner I've seen.

OP
cuore

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

Only on the pitch I've heard.
    Ya thats true. I think it's because he wants to shut the racists up. So he takes things into his own hands, which makes him look smug. He feels it's a battle between them and him. I have great respect for henry.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Keane. Stam strikes me as a bit arrogant, it's something in his eyes... Also, Mutu used to be smug, then he fell to rock bottom and learned some humility.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't think Stam is like that. As you said, he may physically look like it but I think he's a good guy.

Inzaghi, Totti, Di Canio, Vieri come to mind though.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    lol Stam is about as caring and social as they come. He used to be on a football show, also a comedy show where he was constantly made fun of but he stayed because he thought it made good humour :D He's got two kids he's great with (if one can believe an interview with him and his family by Holland's best journalistic TV show) and he is ambassador to several good charities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)