SMS service for Striker Mania.. (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
what do you think guys..?? it's one wacky idea, isn't it?? :D

a lot of members miss/forget posting their strikers before the deadline.. so, I was thinking what if we made it.. through sms messages...!!!

I have a mobile number that I rarely use, plus an extra mobile that can definitely can receive sms messages.. :D

so let us discuss it here.. maybe we can work it out....

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
1) Expensive
2) How do we know that we have SMSed to the rite person? Unless u say who u really r by introducing ur real name and ur nick here.
3) Need International code.
4) Ppl may bomb ur SMS, making u pay a lot of $$$.

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    1) Expensive
    2) How do we know that we have SMSed to the rite person? Unless u say who u really r by introducing ur real name and ur nick here.
    3) Need International code.
    4) Ppl may bomb ur SMS, making u pay a lot of $$$.
    1) :wht: it'll only cost half a buck...
    2) If there is an agreement, you'll get all of the information you need... plus, there will be rules of privacy for me and you.. the penalty for breaking them will be banning from the forum
    3) let us agree first
    4) how..???

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

2) If there is an agreement, you'll get all of the information you need... plus, there will be rules of privacy for me and you.. the penalty for breaking them will be banning from the forum
    3) let us agree first

4) how..???
    You should ask Martin before.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

3) let us agree first
    4) how..???
    1) Well, I have a plan and I always SMS for free, that's y I will say it is expensive.
    2) Frankly speaking, I don't know if u/I will receive each other messages or not. N even if this service is introduced, I think that ppl will still forget.
    3) It will help if u know the UAE International Code.
    4) I typed wrong info about u paying $$$, but do u trust wad the ppl who u don't know will do to ur phone number?

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    allright, maybe it's a bad idea.. as I can see.. kurven, please close this thread..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I appreciate ur idea, but for me I'm not sure if SMS will work cos I tried to SMS to a relative in HK while I'm in SG with the HK International Code. Guess it didn't work as my cousin said that she never recieve it.

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    when you SMS someone outside your country (this is weird), if you enter the number like this for example.. 00971####### it won't send it.. but if you send it like this +971####### it will go.. at least this how it is here in the UAE.. (btw, +971 is the international code for the uae if you want to know)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's technologically possible and it could be done but the question is who is supposed to send out these messages? And after all it would cost *something* to message 20 people every week or whatever the number that participate in this game.

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    the idea is that members should send their entry by sms to one person.. and that person will take their entries and put the results here, not send back to each member..

I thought of it because there were too many late members who forgot to post their striker's list on time, so if you're out.. and you don't think you can reach an internet access or don't have one, just send an sms, but before the deadline, which is the minute the first match of the week kicks off...

offcourse there will be rules, tips on this matter, if it was to be done..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well in that case I don't have a problem with it. As long as the person receiving these submissions doesn't mind giving out their phone number to every Tom, Dick and Harry..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    the idea is that members should send their entry by sms to one person.. and that person will take their entries and put the results here, not send back to each member..

I thought of it because there were too many late members who forgot to post their striker's list on time, so if you're out.. and you don't think you can reach an internet access or don't have one, just send an sms, but before the deadline, which is the minute the first match of the week kicks off...

offcourse there will be rules, tips on this matter, if it was to be done..
    Well since ur in charge, I think that ppl should send the list of strikers to u, provided that u don't mind that ur SMS inbox will be flooded.
    But the drawback is that u can't edit ur strikers.......

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Gandalf, have u heard of this service called SMS.ac

I have tried it with my cousin overseas, and she was able to receive my SMS. For more info, pls check here www.sms.ac

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    thanks.. but, I got this message..

------------
    SORRY! Your message was not sent to “############”.

We appreciate your interest in SMS.ac, unfortunately SMS.ac service is currently not available for Etisalat (United Arab Emirates).
    -------------------

it would be a good service... for other stuff though..

because if I have an internet access.. why would I need to send sms for the striker mania...??

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    if I have an internet access.. why would I need to send sms for the striker mania...??
    Becos a lot of members miss/forget posting their strikers before the deadline. Besides, not many ppl r free to switch on the com and go here. They r busy attending to other important stuffs juz like wad u and I do in real life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)