Small Question? (1 Viewer)

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
Hey People, Hope all is well,

Just a small question! I watch the Serie A on TV and i always realise two banners that are hung at the Delle Alpi whenever Juve are playing at home, one says 1985 and the other says CIAO DINO.

I don't know why, but i'm just curious to know what they mean!?!

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The banner CIAO DINO is there in the honour of a great Juve fan by the name of Dino who died.

As for the 1985 I'm not sure :undecide:

OP
Tariq

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    That's a load off, thanx nina.

Shadowfax, could u plz refresh my memory about what exactly happened in 1985?

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Thank God it wasn't two sided or the casualties would have been far more than 39 deaths.I hate to think about it.

British fans are the worst in the world :(

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    darksoul u gotta think about it. there once was this man who sued his neighbour because their dog big him.

turned out that the man was entertaining himself by provoking the dog with a stick before the dog bit him. needless to say the man with the stick won the lawsuit

only in the USA :rolleyes:

anyway the moral of the story is that just because someone's convicted does not necessarily mean the victim is always totally innocent.

it seems we had a bunch of fascists in our stands as well who antagonised the liverpudlians

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Firstly.... no offence but i find it absolutely unbeleivable that anyone that calls themselves a juve fan doesnt instantly know the relevence of 1985.....:shocked:

AS for the game, have you actually watched it or spoken too anyone that was there??

It was very 2 sided, What happenened could have gone either way.... it jus so happened it was our fans that bore the brunt of it.
    There was horrible happenings between both sets of fans as early as 2 days before the match, on the night it started long before entry to the stadium and once inside got far worse.

There was 3 major fan charges, firstly by liverpool, returned 5 fold by juve fans and then that fateful last charge from liverpool.

It was very much provoked by both sets of fans.

Liverpool were rightly punnished as it was them that did the real damage but it could so easily have been the other way round.

Though the biggest crime that night was using that stadium at all.... everyone knew what could and what was likely to happen, uefa were warned time and time again but with no reaction.

1985 was in general a horrible year for football violence all across europe, with trouble at virtually all euro fixtures that season.... juve themselves probably having there worst ever season for crowd trouble..... everyone was at it.

As for british fans being the worst that is complete rubbish, yes at times they have been the worst but then most countries have also shared that dishonour.
    And today england is jus about the safest place to go and watch football, they have made far more revisions thatn any other league....

And who i ask was the worst for violence this past season..... Serie a by a mile, even to the extent that carraro at one point wished to stop the league.... thankfully the fans eased down later in the season, but before xmas it was to be frank , quite frightening attending matches in italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)